Should I get it again?

#1Ork_HeroPosted 4/23/2012 10:18:20 PM
I played through Fallout 3 and Operation Anchorage on the 360, then got New Vegas Ultimate Edition on steam for the PC. Think it will be too hard for me to come back to FO3 or will the new DLC change things up for me? I can get the GOTY for only 20 bucks on steam.

I know this is the 360 version but they are all the same game no matter which version and this is the most active :) Would like to hear your opinions on those who played NV and then went to FO3
---
'Ere we go!
#2stapler87Posted 4/24/2012 3:13:25 AM
I think it's worth $20. And you'll be playing it on PC so you get access to mods and other goodies like that.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#3KutKuSlayerPosted 4/24/2012 12:10:45 PM
i came from FONV into FO3 and i love it.

a lot of things are missing that i liked from NV, but it is still a great game. there are no true ironsights and the story isn't as good as NV for example, but the exploration blows NV out of the water in terms of atmosphere and variety.

the GOTY edition is pretty cheap and since you're on the PC you can mod and console command your way to more fun when you are bored of the ''vanilla'' game.
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.
#4xXbacchusXxPosted 4/24/2012 3:39:27 PM
This game is definitely worth buying again. I loved ALL of the DLC except MOthership Zeta. But I'm no fan of aliens so I wouldn't have liked it if it were any different. I have put over 900 hours into this game, and still play from time to time. Favorite game of the last decade!
---
Gamertag: GangstaNuggetS
Play Haypi Kingdom on mobile phones!
#5Frasier_CranePosted 4/24/2012 6:36:27 PM
I've bought it on the 360, then got it for my PS3 (when my 360 broke), and I'm strongly considering getting a gaming PC and this game would be like the first game I get.

The thing is, it's about 20 bucks for at least 100 hours worth of entertainment, generally more. So it's always worth it.
---
Mo' buildings, mo' problems
#6squiggy9996999Posted 4/25/2012 10:53:32 AM
the 5 dlc packs are almost a full new game of content. i played the DLC last fall when i saw GoTY cheap like you did.

btw, if you want to see your old vanilla version saves you will need to start a new character and advance far enough to be able to save (when daddy leaves you alone in the nursery). after you save you will be able to see your other saves and can continue those.