USB drive and GOTY disc 2- confused.

#1crystalfury2406Posted 11/10/2012 4:12:03 PM
I am confused. Why does it keep telling me that I need a hard drive to install the disc 2 content? I have a USB drive with 3.3 GB of space, why wouldn't it work?

Apologies for my ignorance, I just don't have an HDD and my budget prohibits purchasing one at the moment.
---
Playing: Morrowind, Super Mario World, Pokemon Gold
Reading: Lord of the Rings: FotR
#2_GlowwormPosted 11/10/2012 4:57:49 PM
I don't know all the inner workings of the Xbox 360 System, but you may need to leave a certain amount of free space for it to function properly. Personally, I keep my free space at around 20GB of my 250GB hard drive. I'm not sure what to expect when getting dangerously close to full. Some systems swap files in and out of virtual memory utilizing the hard drive's free space.

I don't have the game of the year version so I am unfamiliar with the discs. How much space do you need to install the second disc? 3.3GB is very small in terms of most Xbox 360 titles I have installed to the hard drive. Most full feature games take up between 4-6GB in my experience. That's not counting add-ons or save files.

I assume you have most of the game installed from the first disc, so maybe you can pull off installing the rest, but the Xbox 360's unwillingness to cooperate leads me to believe differently.
#3crystalfury2406(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:17:20 PM
I don't own any HDD, I got the $200 Xbox with only flash memory. Even when I have the USB drive formatted for use with my system, it tells me that it requires a hard drive to be attached.

I am very annoyed right now. Thinking I want to just trade this POS in and get a new copy of the PC version like I wanted in the first place.
---
Playing: Morrowind, Super Mario World, Pokemon Gold
Reading: Lord of the Rings: FotR
#4_GlowwormPosted 11/10/2012 5:26:55 PM
I don't know what to tell you. I have an older version Xbox 360 Elite. I'm not really up on the added Kinect and Flash memory versions. The few times I've had to call the Xbox support line I received pretty good customer service. You may want to direct your questions there.

On a side note, If you have a PC, then I would get that version. I wish I had a PC. The PC version comes with the GECK, which means you can fix just about all the bugs and glitches you will encounter, revive and replace dead and out of place NPC's, and make your own additional stuff and mods. Also I would imagine there's plenty of online sites to download mods and add on quests other players have created.
#5GrimKusanagiPosted 11/10/2012 8:12:05 PM
crystalfury2406 posted...
I don't own any HDD, I got the $200 Xbox with only flash memory. Even when I have the USB drive formatted for use with my system, it tells me that it requires a hard drive to be attached.

I am very annoyed right now. Thinking I want to just trade this POS in and get a new copy of the PC version like I wanted in the first place.

Heres an idea. If your gonna spend $20/$30 on usb flash drives just go to amazon.com and get a 60 Gig HDD for $30-$40. It doesn't have to be the $100+ official ones. A generic one works just fine.
---
Current Playing: Fallout 3
Always Playing: Fallout 3
#6nyte_blaydePosted 11/10/2012 8:59:26 PM
That happened to me too... I just went and bought a 20GB for 20$... Way more than enough for FO3 and FONV DLC and saves...
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
Currently Playing: Saints Row: The Third
#7squiggy9996999Posted 11/13/2012 11:56:17 AM
^you bought the console for 20bucks? wtf, THAT is actually worth it lol.
#8nyte_blaydePosted 11/13/2012 9:12:30 PM(edited)
squiggy9996999 posted...
^you bought the console for 20bucks? wtf, THAT is actually worth it lol.

I paid 20$ more for FO3 GOTY than my xbox lol...
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
Currently Playing: Saints Row: The Third
#9Blade_BraverPosted 11/15/2012 8:43:56 PM
crystalfury2406 posted...
I am confused. Why does it keep telling me that I need a hard drive to install the disc 2 content? I have a USB drive with 3.3 GB of space, why wouldn't it work?

Apologies for my ignorance, I just don't have an HDD and my budget prohibits purchasing one at the moment.

What I did was take my usb with my profile on it and then find a friend who has a HDD. Install the DLC into the friend's HDD and after that transfer it to your usb that has your profile still on it. So when you install your usb back into your 360 it will read it.

Trust me it works cause I've tried it a few days ago and it works. I don't have the funds to buy a HDD as well and have to make do with what I have. :D
---
"Never fall for a Line Trap." -Blade_Braver