Early XP grind

#1AAANGRYPosted 1/13/2013 12:58:35 AM
Hi all

I want to play this again as i havent touched it in a few years.

I would like to breeze through it without a grind, is there any way to grind xp really early on and obtain a few levels and perks? Glitches? Dont want weapons or whatnot, just levels.

I remember there was an early way to grind against a scorpion or something, but maybe that was New Vegas?
---
You can't have pie without Cool Hwhip - Stewie
#2FalloutgenuisPosted 1/13/2013 1:39:58 PM
You need one frag mine then go to Craterside supply, get on the other side of the wall that the merc is leaning against. Then put down the frag mine near the wall then defuse it for easy XP.
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ
#3AAANGRY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 1:46:21 PM
and you can continuously do that?

I suppose the speech glitch doesnt work anymore, any idea how to delete a patch?
---
You can't have pie without Cool Hwhip - Stewie
#4FalloutgenuisPosted 1/13/2013 3:40:01 PM
Yes you can. I'm not sure about deleting patches though.
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ
#5pkmnpkmnPosted 1/13/2013 8:28:20 PM
Minefield. Get all of the mines.
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/13/2013 11:24:46 PM
If you have DLC do OP and your basically at level 10 by the end of that with a bunch of awesome gear
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#7eolsunderPosted 1/19/2013 9:01:55 PM
Yea the scorpion was NV.

If you have the GOTY edition, you basically can pick up the 10% exp perks at levels 1 and 2, will give you 20% exp the rest of the game. In the GOTY edition you basically want to get to level 30 as fast as possible to get the perfect perk and get your specials to 9. You'll reach level 30 super easy, not even completing 1/3 of the game.

Just by having your lockpick/repair/speech at decent levels will give you tons of extra exp by picking, science all the areas. If you have the GOTY doing operation anchorage at early levels is easy, and gets you up to level 8-10 no sweat, plus you come out with power armor, and awesome swords and guns. Then its a breeze to do what you want.

But with just fallout 3, just play you'll level up fine. With the GOTY pick 10% your first 2 perks (no need to raise stats, they will all go to 9 at level 30), and do OA, and your set the rest of the easy game.
---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#8FPSChrisPosted 1/23/2013 9:02:44 PM
You can just clear your Xbox cache to delete the patches. The Craterside glitch is a pain. Do the Big Town speech glitch, it's south of Vault 101 you can't miss it. Speak to Bittercup until she mentions Pappy or Peppy then go speak to him and do the speech check over and over for the real easy XP. The higher your Speech skills are early on the better. I had to get it to about 60-70 to get a successful speech check every time.
---
GT: Chrizillaa. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
#9hitman826Posted 2/3/2013 9:40:29 PM
AAANGRY posted...
and you can continuously do that?

I suppose the speech glitch doesnt work anymore, any idea how to delete a patch?

Go to system settings, HDD hit Y for options, clear cache
---
It's space magic. We don't have to explain ****.
-- Bioware