Which Fallout dlc should I get?

#1deadpigs101Posted 1/16/2013 11:22:28 AM
Beat New Vegas a while ago, now going to try this one and was wondering what some good dlc's and what levels you guys would recommend I tackle them at
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#2Spinder1Posted 1/16/2013 11:40:13 AM(edited)
Point Lookout is the best. A surprisingly large new area to roam freely, some pretty interesting stories, good loot/rewards and a wonderfully haunting atmosphere.

The Pitt scores high in most categories and probably has the best storyline offered in FO3, with the only drawback being that it's pretty short, a lot less content than PL. I strongly recommend it.

Broken Steel is recommended just for the level cap increase and new enemies. Its questline is basically "kill lots of stuff".

Zeta isn't terrible, but I don't think I would buy it again if I had the choice now.

Can't say for Anchorage, as I never played it. As for level... from my experience, if you can get deal with anything in the Capital Wasteland, you can deal with anything the DLC areas throw at you. Zeta has tough enemies but showers you with loot. PL is probably the one you ought to be most wary of, as the enemies there are scripted to do large amounts of unblockable extra damage. Bring good equipment.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#3deadpigs101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 12:04:54 PM
so basically they're all awesome except for Zeta (the alien one?) and Anchorage is up in the air. Broken Steel is a must and Point Lookout looks the the first dlc I will get.

2 more questions if you guys don't mind: Can you get companions like in NW (you could have one character and like a support character [Lilly and Rex were my favorite])
I heard there have been hints towards FO4 but I have seen nothing, know anything about that?
Thank for the help Spinder1, I really appreciate it :)
---
#4FrozenHELL78Posted 1/16/2013 4:30:53 PM
anchorage is decent. i always do it as soon as possible because it contains some sweet weapons for a low lvl char to have access to.

definitely get point lookout. great dlc.
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#5baueris24Posted 1/17/2013 6:09:55 AM
Hey TC did you get the game yet? If not you might want to try to get the game of the year edition because it comes with all the DLC on a second disc that you install on the hard drive. I got it a few weeks ago and it only cost me $19.99.
#6cdrw1987Posted 1/17/2013 8:04:45 AM
Yeah I would also suggest getting the GOTY edition, it's much cheaper than getting the individual dlc's.
---
S you in your A's don't wear a C and J all over your B's
#7Samaellives91Posted 1/17/2013 10:25:43 AM
FrozenHELL78 posted...
anchorage is decent. i always do it as soon as possible because it contains some sweet weapons for a low lvl char to have access to.

definitely get point lookout. great dlc.

Not to mention the best power armor in the game.
---
This is the year where hope fails you.
#8neo revolutionPosted 1/17/2013 10:55:02 AM(edited)
The only reason to get Anchorage or Zeta is for the armor and weapons you can get from them. The items themselves are very good.

The Pitt is okay. One of the very few actually morally ambiguous quests in the game.

Point Lookout and Broken Steel are the ones I'd actually recommend getting first. However, the GOTY edition comes with all the DLC and is probably even cheaper. So I would definitely get that.

Level wise, I think the DLC kinda scales with you. I know The Pitt, Anchorage, and Zeta were fairly easy at low levels.

---
GamerTag: Ophiotaurus
#9eolsunderPosted 1/19/2013 7:43:31 PM
well simply buy the GOTY edition and get them all for a few bucks more.

The best to get simply because you can do it at the start of the game, and get some great gear is anchorage. You can do it at early levels easy, and come out with wearing power armor, a great sword, and great weapons.

The best "feel" dlc is point lookout, its good swamp feel to it, hard to do even at higher levels, and is big.

Anchorage is easy, and profitable, but short. Mothership is boring, but you come out with decent weapons, sucky exp at low levels though, but really shouldn't be done until you have lockpick/science at 75 because bunch of locks/etc in it.

Pitt is ok.

Id say if you want to get a DLC that makes your game much easier than it already is, anchorage. If you want one that actually is pretty fun, Point lookout.
---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#10deadpigs101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:58:46 AM
So I've gotten Anchorage and Broken Steel, Mothership Zeta sounds fun, but I think I'll just go on youtube and watch it. Probably getting Point Lookout today and wait for a sale to get The Pitt (is the entrance to that by Rivet City by any chance?)
---