Which Fallout dlc should I get?

#11eolsunderPosted 2/2/2013 2:56:22 AM
As for entrances, point lookout is west of rivet city, west of jefferson memorial across the water. Pitt location is far north west. Anchorage is pretty close a little southeast of megaton, thats probably the closest to Megaton.

Aliens are at the alien crash site to the ne of the map. So, Pitt NW, aliens NE, point lookout SE, and a partridge in a pear tree...
---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#12deadpigs101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:11:14 AM
Got them all, currently playing my last DLC, Mothership Zeta. Can't believe this was my first 360 game 2 years ago and I hated it back then . . FO is now easily my top 5 favorite franchise

Off topic a bit, how does Skyrim compare to Fallout? If I played through New Vegas multiple times and thoroughly enjoyed FO3 would I enjoy Skyrim (or Oblivion)?
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#13Spinder1Posted 2/13/2013 9:51:02 AM
Skyrim is a lot like Fallout 3, not so much like New Vegas. Huge, wide-open and extremely exploration heavy. Lacks the depth of characters and stories (with exception for the overall series lore, which is vast and pretty interesting) and tangible, meaningful consequences of player choice like New Vegas had. Crafting is also a bigger part of Skyrim gameplay than either of the two.

Overall? You'll very likely enjoy it. Its exploration, world and immersion are top-notch.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#14VelvenCrossPosted 2/13/2013 11:11:49 PM
deadpigs101 posted...
Got them all, currently playing my last DLC, Mothership Zeta. Can't believe this was my first 360 game 2 years ago and I hated it back then . . FO is now easily my top 5 favorite franchise

Off topic a bit, how does Skyrim compare to Fallout? If I played through New Vegas multiple times and thoroughly enjoyed FO3 would I enjoy Skyrim (or Oblivion)?

Fallout 3 was often called 'Oblivion with guns'. But only by idiots, Skyrim/Oblivion are NOT like Fallout. They are two (well three) different open world RPGs made by the same company and the same engine (except Skyrim). Fallout NV 'might' be closer to comparison if you took the melee route, since they made more attempt to get people to use that play style. Because obviously there are no guns in Skyrim. The worlds are even complete opposite, one full of death and destruction (FO), the other (TES) is alive and growing.
But Oblivion is a better game than Skyrim, but Skyrim revamped a lot of the clunk that held Oblivion down. If you like RPGs with dragons, castles, swords, magic, and all that, then you'll probably enjoy The Elder Scrolls games. If no, then you probably won't. You should try it either way though, borrow it from a friend if you can first to test drive it, and I probably should have just said that instead of rambling.
#15squiggy9996999Posted 2/18/2013 9:10:49 AM
i don;t view it quite the same as everyone else

1 - broken steel - most fun. level cap raise, if you only get one it's this or nothing, do not even think about it (but buying the GoTY will get you all the DLC for the price of buying one of the packs online). ignore anyone who recommends getting something else over this.

2 - the pitt - new small city, nice depressing story line. i liked it second best. some sweet looking power armor in this one too.

3 - operation anchorage - a nice change of pace. all action, short. blast your way through alaskan battle and then get a SWEET weapons hall as a bonus. yes it has no plot, it's jsut all out action - but we never get to do that in fallout. it feels different, that's the point.

4 - point lookout - i just didn;t like this one. it sounds "the most fallout" of all of them, it is also very challenging. it just felt...lacking in fun for me. i would have thought the redneck fallout idea would be a match made in heaven.

5 - zeta - ugh. yes if you like energy weapons you can come out with a good 30-40 alien weapons. but it is such a chore. room after room of the exact same thing and the same aliens, and some of them are so ridiculously powerful that you're shooting them FOREVER to go down. it was so annoying i did it with a second character because i thought i had been exaggerating in my mind. nope.
#16kevo_1202Posted 2/21/2013 12:32:19 PM
I really enjoy PL also, mostly because it creeps the bejesus out of me. However, I started a new melee character and played through the main story line on Very Hard without much difficulty.
But once I reached PL, I felt the opponents (swamp folk and tribals) had waaaay to much HP. No matter what weapons I'd switch to I still found myself using mag after mag and multiple stimpacks every battle. And every so often there would be a 'boss' tribal who wasn't noticeably different in anyway, but could take minuets of punishment with almost no damage and somehow dealt 130 damage per swing with an ordinary ax. This is the only DLC that I felt didn't bring itself down to the players level.
#17Crack_STEADYPosted 3/4/2013 9:37:08 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the two greatest things from Operation: Anchorage!, and that is the indestructible T51 winterized power armour and the DEADLY chinese stealth suit. The stealth suit only has 15 DR I think but when you crouch, you become invisible like if you just used a stealth boy, to the same effect. With shiskebob and pyromaniac the game almost becomes ridiculously easy, the sneak crits are insanely strong and you can literally be in a room of hostile enemies and kill them all one by one while being [hidden] the whole time. Hell, even if you dont kill them all you get is [caution] for a minute tops (this applies only to silent weapons, such as melee weapons and silenced guns).

Which actually brings me to my next point, in The Pitt, you get a silenced & scoped assault rifle called the infiltrator. The scope sounds bad I know, but it really fits the weapon nicely. Its the only silenced rifle you get besides some other one in The Pitt thats a waste of time to get.

Tl;dr, for an overpowered ninja, Operation Anchorage and The Pitt; get it.
---
May the Almighty Dollar disable it's slaves
#18Crack_STEADYPosted 3/4/2013 9:40:01 AM
By the way the Op: Anchorage power armour isn't technically indestructible, but the millions of damage it requires for noticeable damage to even be visible will never happen
---
May the Almighty Dollar disable it's slaves