Vault 108...

#1VelvenCrossPosted 2/7/2013 12:36:45 AM
It isn't anything important, but I want to get the Tumblers Today book from under the step ladder. HOW?! I spent an hour or so, and used all my grenades trying to get it out or move it close enough to grab... to no avail.

Yes I tried crouching and grabbing it before blowing it up 100 times, and that didn't work. I even tried some 3rd person camera tricks but... well that didn't work out very good.
#2fineline122Posted 2/7/2013 10:37:29 AM
According to this, it's a bug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzmWBem2lY
#3sigma_1932Posted 2/7/2013 10:15:11 PM(edited)
CAREFULLY (so they don't explode from bumping into each other or falling) pile up about 10 or so frag mines outside the room, on the other side of the wall from where the book is (somewhere near the vertical pipes, IIRC), then shoot them from a distance. Due to Gamebryo being a craptastic engine, the explosive force extends through the wall, potentially knocking the book into a spot where you can grab it, or even completely through the solid objects out into the open. It takes some trial-and-error and luck, but I've gotten it at least 3-4 times this way.

Only problem on console versions of the game is you don't have the command console to help you figure out where the explosion threw it, so it can also be hard to find afterwards, or really figure out if knocked it into the open and not through the environment into limbo in the first place.

FTR, the same method of using mines can be used to blow the giant teddy bear in the SatCom array out of his cage, and also a certain key hidden under a bus.
---
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=
#4VelvenCross(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:39:20 PM
So there isn't a normal way to get it out? Just blow it out? That's kind of... bleh.

Thanks though, I might try it since I got a crapload of mines.
#5sigma_1932Posted 2/10/2013 4:45:15 PM
VelvenCross posted...
So there isn't a normal way to get it out? Just blow it out? That's kind of... bleh.

*shrug*
*Points at Bethesda's craptastic/non-existant quality-control department*
---
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=
#6VelvenCross(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:18:00 AM
sigma_1932 posted...
VelvenCross posted...

*shrug*
*Points at Bethesda's craptastic/non-existant quality-control department*

I had the actual strategy guide for it, it only says 'Almost impossible to get skill book' and that's it. So I figured it was some sort of puzzle that I failed, but I guess they are just screwin with me!

Oh well, I'm havin fun playing this game again after so long. It sucked me right in like I never left.