This or New Vegas?

#1IarrygagaPosted 3/25/2013 3:26:03 PM
Completely new to fallout. Or I should I try out the first fallout? I'm only on the 360 right now. I am completely open to playing older looking games, this is not a problem.
---
go
#2Eightlie33Posted 3/25/2013 7:34:45 PM
this. then new vegas
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#3cdrw1987Posted 3/25/2013 10:38:31 PM
Yeah simple answer get both, especially the GOTY or Ultimate editions of both. Neither of them are all that expensive. Then if you really enjoy them go ahead and play all the others, it certainly wouldn't hurt anything.
---
"Oh dear! The guests will have to eat hamburgers for dinner tonight."
#4sigma_1932Posted 3/26/2013 12:57:27 AM(edited)
If you want the best overall Fallout experience, both story-wise and mechanically, spend an extra $5-15 and go back and start with Fallout 1, and then Fallout 2 (pretty much any computer will run them both nowadays) before moving on to New Vegas.

If you just wanna run around shooting stuff FPS-style in a post-apocolyptic-themed wasteland, play FO3.
---
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=
#5RufioMustDiePosted 3/26/2013 9:29:44 PM
If you're open to older top-down isometric view games then start from chronological release.

FO1>FO2>(Any spinoff titles here)>FO3>FONV>FO4

Hopefully by the time you've sampled all the delights on offer. FO4 will be just round the corner you jammy dodger.
---
"Rufio will die by my own hand!"
#6thecougPosted 3/27/2013 7:11:03 AM
Get FO3 GOTY first. All the DLC is really awesome with the exception of Mothership Zeta which was extremely dumb IMHO.

Follow it up with the FONV Ultimate Edition.
---
The Coug abides.
#7Iarrygaga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 11:44:29 AM
Thank you for all your help peeps

Since I want to play today, I'm going to forgo ordering online and just get whatever one is at the store. If they have the first one, I'll do that.
---
go
#8thecougPosted 3/28/2013 6:50:45 AM
Iarrygaga posted...
Thank you for all your help peeps

Since I want to play today, I'm going to forgo ordering online and just get whatever one is at the store. If they have the first one, I'll do that.

*Definitely* play FO3 first, whether they have the GOTY edition or not.
---
The Coug abides.
#9alemme01Posted 3/28/2013 7:03:49 PM
Fallout 3 by far for me.

New Vegas royally screwed me over with glitches a couple times. Once, I was about 3 hours into a mission, and I got stuck inside a rock. It crashed my Xbox. Once I rebooted it, I had to start the mission all over, and I never trusted my autosave again.

I eventually just sold it to a friend of mine, after I got myself in a rut that was nearly impossible to get out of, and was not worth starting the whole game over again.
---
Go back to Kaipo, you spoony bard!
#10ReturnOfFrankPosted 4/2/2013 1:50:24 AM
Both are good games, NV plays like a western with robots and lazers. FO3 feels more grimey and apocalyptic, I prefer this game personally but both are good at what they do.

I'd say to anyone who is wanted to start out to play from the first game but i'd understand if it was hard for younger gamers to get into.