MS perk... how does it work?

#155PPPosted 3/26/2013 10:29:50 AM
does anyone know the exact parameters under which the mysterious stranger activates? been looking around but various sources give a wide array of different answers...

does he only activate at or around ~100-150hp? after you have exhausted all your shots? if so that is a complete waste of his one-shot potential. however, I have seen videos of where the stranger one shots a behemoth from near full health, so I'm pretty confused.

9k+ DMG/shot 10% of the time seems like an excellent perk and hence I'm curious as to why it is rarely recommended.
#2harleyknightPosted 3/26/2013 6:41:25 PM
There is a 10% chance he appears every time you enter VATS. That is it, that is all. Nothing modifies this. Anyone telling you different is misinformed or not telling the truth.
---
"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
#3MattheauPosted 3/29/2013 4:24:15 AM
55PP posted...
9k+ DMG/shot 10% of the time seems like an excellent perk and hence I'm curious as to why it is rarely recommended.

Mysterious Stranger kills don't count towards Grim Reaper's Sprint, which is far more powerful than Mysterious Stranger.

Also, when most enemies can easily be one shot killed, damage is rather irrelevant.
#4BHAALERPosted 3/29/2013 9:19:55 AM
Mattheau posted...
55PP posted...

Mysterious Stranger kills don't count towards Grim Reaper's Sprint, which is far more powerful than Mysterious Stranger.

Also, when most enemies can easily be one shot killed, damage is rather irrelevant.

That, and from my experience the Mysterious Stranger perk can cause more bugs to occur in VATS, especially in crowded areas where he may not appear properly. I've had instances where he'd show up halfway stuck in the ceiling with his legs sticking out like Robin Williams from Jumanji.
---
"Ignorance is thy companion!"
#5KevageitPosted 3/31/2013 11:02:48 AM
I've found that MS doesn't work as well as advertised :p I've had issues where he shows up, fires, misses everything and then stays put so I can't control anything. He doesn't show up enough but when he does I have issues every now and then. It's not often but often enough to just avoid the perk.
---
I remember you.