Delete a character?

#1SmurgenPosted 3/29/2011 7:31:26 PM
Anyone know HOW to delete your character? I wanna remake mine entirely.
---
XBL/PSN: Smurgendorf
#2EtherealwalnutPosted 3/29/2011 7:47:57 PM
I am curious too. I tried to make a custom character 3 times and when I tried to log in with it it said the server could not be reached. Finally I decided to just smash random once to see if it was up. It was but now I can't figure out how to delete this character and make a real one. Bah
#3Smurgen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 7:51:59 PM
I'm not very optimistic for this but i deleted the game and it's save and am now re-installing to see if that did anything
---
#4EtherealwalnutPosted 3/29/2011 7:54:16 PM
Please let me know the outcome. I am very curious. :)
#5daronthedeviousPosted 3/29/2011 9:01:28 PM
I really need to know how to also. I've spent about half an hour already going through their help, asking people ingame, and searching the web.

So far it doesn't seem like there's any way to delete them since our characters are stored on their servers; so I doubt deleting your game will do anything. Only save data on our PS3s are Options.

Possible they did this to force us to buy hairstyles, colors, etc...
#6daronthedeviousPosted 3/29/2011 10:04:56 PM
Update: Been sorta chatting with a Mod (called "Referee" ...then whatever name) ingame

They said on the Welcome Screen, you're suppose to have your Characters there, then highlight the one you want and hit X, and it'll give the option to delete.

Note: There are no characters on the Welcome Screen, verified by me and others in the area also trying to delete characters. I believe the mods are just answering from what they know with the PC version which I'm assuming has a different UI. PS3 obviously has had the UI tweaked for console use.

Mods are gone now and didn't help; if you see them online, I suggest you bug them, asking them how to delete your character.
#7Smurgen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2011 12:20:44 PM
Anyone able to delete a character?
---
#8JiZamezPosted 3/30/2011 1:39:06 PM
You guys are screwed. A friend contacted Free Realms about character deletion (she chose a pixie by mistake) and they responded to her, saying that they did not include ability to delete characters...so if you botched your character at the start, there's nothing you can do about it except for playing on a new account.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
Please queue and try my LBP2 stage! :) http://lbp.me/v/w3bf32
#9Malamo999Posted 3/31/2011 3:02:37 PM
JiZamez posted...
You guys are screwed. A friend contacted Free Realms about character deletion (she chose a pixie by mistake) and they responded to her, saying that they did not include ability to delete characters...so if you botched your character at the start, there's nothing you can do about it except for playing on a new account.

Awwwww........... man! Big disappointment...... queue'd up your level btw
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960491-crysis-2/58611643#37
-krono069