Tier List (all research has been done)

#1shanqbusterPosted 7/22/2009 6:04:20 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I added in the Star Wars characters from my own opinion.

Top:

Algol Hilde Sophitia Xianghua Amy

High:

CassandraMitsurguri Yoshimitsu Taki Setsuka Lizardman

Mid:

Asaroth Ivy Siegfried Nightmare Seong Mina Yun Seong The Apprentice

Low:

Kilik Voldo Zasalamel Raphael Cervantes

Lowest:

Maxi Tira Talim Rock Yoda

Honestly I hate most of the top tier, they are so complicated to use that you stop having fun.

I use Taki and Nightmare.

I would greatly appreciate corrections on the tier list.

Sank You

#2Paragon049Posted 7/22/2009 6:53:14 AM
That's EXTREMELY wrong. Lol at X in top and Voldo in low.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#3ChaoticityPosted 7/22/2009 7:28:57 AM
shanqbuster posted...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I added in the Star Wars characters from my own opinion.

Top:

High:

CassandraMitsurguri Yoshimitsu Taki Setsuka Lizardman

Mid:

Low:

Lowest:

Honestly I hate most of the top tier, they are so complicated to use that you stop having fun.

I use Taki and Nightmare.

I would greatly appreciate corrections on the tier list.

Sank You

LMNAO are you for real first off 1.Talim is about mid tier.2 cervy, raph, voldo and kilik all higher kilik is easy and in the hand of a good player is pain in the booty, voldo 3bb takes off almost 60 damage and is safe (Stupid right).Cery has easy combos some take skills ,but many of them are very easy and ralph he is in mexico staying with some underage girl I better not say nothin or he'll hit me from thier and it'll take like a second and it will hurt oohh and I can't punish him.K Ivy mid-tier...come the $%#$ on man I'am not even gonna go thier, seong mina is the dirt low tier list with segfrieds dad Frank..or whatever his name is and seigfried meh Idk. Thats just a little.
#4Divinepower123Posted 7/22/2009 8:57:19 AM
I'd like to take the people who did this research and shove it up their backsides where it belongs!
HILDE?! IN TOP TIER?! Her only really decent moves require you to disable either ALL Horisontal or Vertical attacks whilst you try and hit your opponent before releasing them! Which is foolish and too irratating to pull off effectively. Cervantes should be much higher along with Kilik, Zassy, The Apprentice (stupidly quick), Yoda (as he is incredibly cheap, and is only easily dispatched by Zassy), Nightmare and Siegfried should be one tier higher and if Darth Vader were in this tier list he should be pretty high. Oh, Xianghua should be bottom and Algol shouldn't be highest by any means. Amy is awesome but her pathetic reach shouldn't make her be top. Sophita is the only one in this top tier list that should be. Most of the others I've not played enough with to voice any valid conclusion.
---
Laddish AND Presperterian?! That's like an Amish working in I.T!
#5Paragon049Posted 7/22/2009 9:19:01 AM

From: Divinepower123 | Posted: 7/22/2009 9:57:19 AM | #004
I'd like to take the people who did this research and shove it up their backsides where it belongs!
HILDE?! IN TOP TIER?! Her only really decent moves require you to disable either ALL Horisontal or Vertical attacks whilst you try and hit your opponent before releasing them! Which is foolish and too irratating to pull off effectively. Cervantes should be much higher along with Kilik, Zassy, The Apprentice (stupidly quick), Yoda (as he is incredibly cheap, and is only easily dispatched by Zassy), Nightmare and Siegfried should be one tier higher and if Darth Vader were in this tier list he should be pretty high. Oh, Xianghua should be bottom and Algol shouldn't be highest by any means. Amy is awesome but her pathetic reach shouldn't make her be top. Sophita is the only one in this top tier list that should be. Most of the others I've not played enough with to voice any valid conclusion.

Haha, oh wow. I love this board.

Thanks for the laughs, bro.
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#6shanqbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 10:10:36 AM

ahaha i knew people would shove Dild0s up my thread

#7EliteVirtuosoPosted 7/22/2009 10:22:40 AM
Research was done by who again? This is a SAD excuse for a list
#8shanqbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 10:28:48 AM

fine voldo and kilik are higher and hilde is lower, happy?

#9CountBrassPosted 7/22/2009 10:47:40 AM
Tier lists beg for abuse. Its just a fact of life.

Anyway, I feel like talking tiers since I'm back in the game, so let me add my uninformed opinion to yours:

Top:

Anyone not Hilde doesn't get to be in the top tier - no one else can instant death about 1 in 4 mistakes made in game. MAYBE Algol too - but I'm still not sure if his bubble spam is that hard to deal with or if a generation of 3d fighter players just melt in the face of projectile spam.

High:

Cassandra Mitsurguri Yoshimitsu Taki Setsuka Lizardman

Amy and Sophie can hang out here. This game has a pretty stacked 'high tier' IMO. I'm not sure if X or Taki belong though - I'd drop them to mid tier.
Mid:

Not counting EVO winning hype I'd bump Ivy up to the high tier - way too much damage in every possible situation for her to be here. Seong Mina and Yun Seong go down to low (Mina is too limited and Yun is too gimmicky)
Low:

This is where things start to really go bad. Have you ever heard of Asura Dance? Blind Stance? iGDR? These are all the fancy phrases used when arguing why Voldo, Killik, and Cervantes are in the HIGH TIER. What the hell are they doing here? I'd put Raph at mid. This is really the home of Seong Mina, Yun,Talim, Maxi, Rock and Zasalamel

Lowest:

This is the home of Yoda. No one else need apply. Everyone else I touched on but Tira. I'd put Tira at mid, but considering the sheer volume of Tira players that have dropped her in frustration since the game came out I can't really argue against her being low.

Anyway, The idea of making a tier list is not for everyone to show up and pat you on the back for being a swell guy. That's not going to happen. Your supposed to support where you place people - preferably with some sort of insight in to how the game works.
---
Gamertag - Le Count
"Words like "subjectivity" and "objectivity" actually have meanings."
#10shanqbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2009 10:52:48 AM

alright dude I'll explain then