This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Racing Soft Tires - u NEED them - Best upgrade out there

#1SykoslocosXRZPosted 12/1/2010 4:12:57 AM
i see alot of people having problems with car handling, and i think many people skip on these tires because of their price
but thats a big mistake.

i had one car that without racing softs all the opponents passed him at start, and corners were slidey,
then i put racing softs and it passed every other car at start and stuck to the road like glue

DONT UNDERESTIMATE RACING SOFTS

untill races become longer than 15 minutes, racing soft tires are a MUST on EVERY car (lol apart from your drift cars ofcourse :P)

sure 36.000 seems expensive, but its more worth your money than any other upgrade out there. Seriously the first thing i buy for every car.

---
PSN: SykoslocosX
Play a game of Russian Roulette and have a Blast
#2Rarehunter_idolPosted 12/1/2010 4:14:27 AM
They "repair" themselves between races, right? I haven't messed around with tyres yet.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#3craiguk37Posted 12/1/2010 4:16:16 AM
Yeah, tires reset after races.

Though I am not sure about endurance races, where you switch tires.
#4lkadlPosted 12/1/2010 4:16:29 AM
does the fact that they have low durability not really affect you til the endurance races..?
#5kineticsoldierPosted 12/1/2010 4:17:34 AM

does the fact that they have low durability not really affect you til the endurance races..?

I've been using them for 5 lap races and haven't noticed any deterioration.
#6Sk0rbutPosted 12/1/2010 4:18:03 AM
Yup, "Soft Racing Tires FTW!" was the most important Lesson I learned back when I first played GT1. The difference in handling is astounding.

---
God? He's dead. Can't complain. Had his chance and in modern parlance, blew it.
#7deklorePosted 12/1/2010 4:18:42 AM
Not all races allow you to equip them though, so it is a waste of money for some cars.
---
PSN: deklore
#8SykoslocosXRZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2010 4:38:09 AM

Not all races allow you to equip them though, so it is a waste of money for some cars.

so which race then, because beginner to expert there are NO tire restriction. and now in extreme, basically im level 21 and never once seen a restriction.

so i dont see how its ever a waste of money on any car untill you get 70k per race lmao. then 36k is pocket change

---
PSN: SykoslocosX
Play a game of Russian Roulette and have a Blast
#9GkakuxPosted 12/1/2010 5:07:50 AM
Like sk0rbut says Racing Softs always a winner since I played GT1 - they're a bit more pricey this time but you won't notice any degradation in the 5 lap races, as the TC says.
---
I just clicked on this topic thinking it said "I was created by Nintendo" - max123
#10Dark_ManXPosted 12/1/2010 5:11:21 AM
@SykoslocosXRZ
so what tyres do u advice for drifting?
---
"Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms." Nier