This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to beat nascar series daytona!

#1borjman22Posted 12/17/2010 1:08:09 AM
after 10 freakin tries setting up my toyota camry prize car i finally beat the nascar series on daytona! the secret set up? all driving aids must be off,downforce 35 front 55 back,set transmission to 390 max speed,and the most important of all-set ABS to 0!

kill em in the corners and go straight! same driving strategy as using the race modded corvette zr1 09 on the like the wind event!
#2ojibwe_guyPosted 12/17/2010 1:16:06 AM
The thing about it is that if you dont have the wheel, you have to map the buttons on the DS3. I put the driving aids on the D-pad. ASM starts ON by default (which is idioticon on a NASCAR). Once I switched it off, I won the 1st try with the stock settings on that same car.
---
PSN: n1troRx
#3Jeffw88Posted 12/17/2010 1:17:37 AM
Stay 2nd till last 2 laps. Overtake the first using slipstream within the last lap to win the race.
---
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone.
You're being trolled only if you let them.
#4FlyojumperPosted 12/17/2010 1:22:38 AM
Do you think you can win the Indy portion of the Like the Wind event in a Nascar car?

---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#5borjman22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 1:39:46 AM
i beat this event with the ds3 in this set up,

i think only the modded corvette zr1 09 and the toyota minolta can beat the like the wind event early in the game,unless ofcourse if you got billions of credits to spare to buy the more powerful cars. :)
#6Custodian405Posted 12/17/2010 1:41:54 AM

jtpd posted...
Stay 2nd till last 2 laps. Overtake the first using slipstream within the last lap to win the race.
---
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone.
You're being trolled only if you let them.

+1

thats how i did it. Thats how they do it in actual nascar.

#7HoltNFrewPosted 12/17/2010 2:03:51 AM

for the nascar series, i stayed last till the last 2 laps, then rush the pole...

for Like The Wind, Indy part, i did it once with the nascar but it is tough, really... the best car for that race A-B Spec is by far the 2J... IMO the best car of the game if we dont talk about F1 and X1... by far the easiest and best car to own easily A and B spec races... and i use easily cause it is easy for real

#8bandit7319Posted 12/17/2010 6:49:01 AM

I'll have to try this. I'm not really concerned with it, I always get 1st in the first 4 races so I don't NEED to win the last one, but dman it's frustrating. I can't figure out how they do it. I figured it had to have been something about perfectign the art of driving on the outside or the turns and cutting in. And I've been able to keep up with them, but EVERY time some jackass spins me out and there's no recovering from a spin out in that race. And no restart. Lame.

#9Jackc8Posted 12/17/2010 7:29:36 AM

I won it by turning up the rear downforce, which made it somewhat harder for them to spin me out. I also spend two-thirds of the race looking in the rear view mirror, and when someone came up behind me, I got directly in front of them. When they rammed me, it was a straight-on hit so it didn't spin me out.

And there was probably a fair amount of luck involved in not getting spun out as well.

#10Cardinal-FangPosted 12/17/2010 12:08:12 PM
I used the (Gamestop) Camry #20 and the default transmission settings. (I didn't alter downforce etc) I took the lead at the first corner (inside the others) and remained in the lead for the rest of the race. I got rammed a few times but this just increased my speed. I must have done something correct as I got the Human Stopwatch trophy during the race. Speed through the corners was key. (I did try to remain in the pack, second or third but kept getting shunted sideways and spun around so I tried to lead the whole way.) It wasn't fun but it was very competitive and I enjoyed that. Good luck with the race.