This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Chassis repair affect your car

#1BrightHand23Posted 12/18/2010 9:52:12 AM
I racked up $150,000 in chassis damage in one race. My question is, it seems like the car still runs fine, so how important is it to repair the chassis? What effects does the damage have? I understand the engine needing repair after a certain time, but it seems like one trip into the wall in an expensive car and you are out 100k+ for the chassis. Gets pretty expensive quick. especially if you earn only 30-40k for first place.
---
<><><><><> PSN= Tesuji23 <><><><><>
#2goolyboolyPosted 12/18/2010 9:53:32 AM
You are given the option after even a tiny bit of use to straighten the chassis. It will cost the same regardless of how much you use the car. Only do it when the car really starts behaving like ****.
---
Nickname: Ohmaigawd867 | Courtesy of Dan Harkinz
Not changing signature until Dying_Atheist changes his. 2/10/2009
#3PokerChamp42Posted 12/18/2010 9:53:58 AM
That option is always available even if you don't crash.

I would just ignore it for the time being.

---
I don't like adults with imaginary friends. Please don't litter your mind.
Proud to be atheist and vegetarian. http://veg-tv.info/Earthlings
#4mhbigbossPosted 12/18/2010 9:56:05 AM
I don;t know what it does, but don;t worry too much about the costs.
They're always the same, no mattter if you merely scratch a wall, or ram into it going 400km/h.
---
PSN: hartzheim.
Online at SSAR and GT5
#5BrightHand23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2010 9:56:34 AM
Thanks d00ds. I guess I'll ignore it for now. :)
---
<><><><><> PSN= Tesuji23 <><><><><>
#6blowsephPosted 12/18/2010 10:04:02 AM
The chassis repair is not for damage taken in a wreck/impact. The chassis repair is for stiffening the chassis that has weakened due to the wear and tear of simply putting miles on the car. The price for the repair is a fixed amount, half of what the car costs. And it becomes available as soon as you put any miles on the car. It costs the same amount of credits whether you've put 10 miles on the car or 10 thousand miles on the car. And just because it gives you to option to do it does not mean that you need it. You'll only really need to do it after you've put A LOT of miles on the car, like thousands. The car will start to drive poorly/erratically after a lot of racing. That's when you know you need it. Do not buy it if your car is still handling OK.