This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FGT Series

#1Thrasher17xPosted 1/14/2011 3:00:18 PM

Gee, you think 20 laps is enough? The races aren't even that close, and all it takes is one trip to the sandpit to mess it all up... It just gets extremely repetitive after a while. 10 laps would've been perfect. (I know, it's nothing compared to the actual endurance races) I'm just saying, a half hour per race isn't exactly fun when you have 3-4 more races to go...

#2cbt711Posted 1/14/2011 3:01:32 PM
I am dreading babysitting bob through this... :(
---
PSN: LuckyShot
If I were stuff, everyone would want me.
#3GG_ORDANPosted 1/14/2011 3:03:44 PM
^ FGT races in b-spec are 30 laps fyi.

---
"The whistles got WOOOOOOOOO"
#4GlitchwerksPosted 1/14/2011 3:08:13 PM

The races aren't even that close, and all it takes is one trip to the sandpit to mess it all up.

Well, everyone screamed that they didn't want rewind...
---
GT5: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics7/gran_turismo_5.jpg
#5ThaJokemanPosted 1/14/2011 6:19:05 PM
You guys must have crappy b-spec'ers. My guy spun out on the first lap on the nurburg track and he was back into first by the 5th lap, pretty much every race he won by 30 seconds +

This race series was MUCH easier than the nascar series. I was worried that it was going to be a waste of 5-6 hours.
---
PSN: Wimbimlimbim
#6LolzProNessPosted 1/14/2011 6:23:00 PM
rewind doesnt let u learn from ur mistakes.
---
PSN: lolCR7
#7faris_ruhiPosted 1/14/2011 6:29:05 PM
B-Spec: Nascar is really hard compared to FGT.
A-Spec: FGT is extremely difficult compared to the Nascar (most of which you can destroy by just adjusting the downforce to maximum and slightly adjusting transmission).

Honestly, I think that will be the only series that I won't complete. Too long and too taxing.
---
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
#8GlitchwerksPosted 1/14/2011 6:37:39 PM

You guys must have crappy b-spec'ers.

People were talking about A-Spec.

B-Spec: Nascar is really hard compared to FGT.

I actually did this today, with supposedly really poor tuning set ups. I had to spam Bob to overtake a lot, but he managed 4 out of 5, and then with a retry nabbed the final gold with a better tune.

A-Spec: FGT is extremely difficult compared to the Nascar (most of which you can destroy by just adjusting the downforce to maximum and slightly adjusting transmission).

The Jabroni settings help a good deal, as does making sure your gears are set for each course. Skid Recovery Force will save you.

And believe it or not, rain is your very best friend, as you can leave racing softs on and destroy the AI completely, because they seem to be completely baffled by water.

Also, Nurburgring GP is a gimme race because the AI screw up in one corner, every time.
---
GT5: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics7/gran_turismo_5.jpg
#9AustinColliePosted 1/14/2011 6:45:32 PM
FGT race on A Spec is so annoying. I can't even gold Cote D'Azur. I only golded Fuji so far.
---
R.I.P. Redhiem.
Not changing this sig until Miley Cyrus lets me beat.
#10Thrasher17x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 6:49:49 PM
Cote D'Azur is the worst track ever. Period.

Why am I racing a Formula race car on a track with a ton of 40 MPH hairpin turns?