Performance Points

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Performance Points

User Info: Eichro

Eichro
5 years ago#1
So... Anybody figured out what parameters are relevant to performance points yet? I mean, beside HP and weight of course.

User Info: zencrobar67

zencrobar67
5 years ago#2
Balance of HP weight and downforce
Platinum friend code: 3653 2225 3090
psn: chef_chubsyboy

User Info: mr2

mr2
5 years ago#3
yeah, tires, suspension, transmission ... don't seem to do anything.

it does take torque into account (see how a supercharger raises the PP higher than a similar HP'd mod).
that and engine layout, too

User Info: Eichro

Eichro
5 years ago#4
Engine layout? You mean, Front-Engine, Rear-Engine, Mid-Engine and stuff?

User Info: td2985

td2985
5 years ago#5
Weight distribution is also taken into account.

I added 164 kilos to my car to get it down to 550 PP. I then moved the ballast all the way to the back of the car at the PP jumped to 551.
"To be great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User Info: IvoryKeys88

IvoryKeys88
5 years ago#6
aerodynamics affect it but only slightly
*THERE IS A TRADE BOARD* // "Music is the best!" - Frank Zappa
PSN: DesertPenguin09 plays GT5 w/ DFGT Wheel, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, & BFBC2

User Info: IvoryKeys88

IvoryKeys88
5 years ago#7
By that I mean adding downforce
*THERE IS A TRADE BOARD* // "Music is the best!" - Frank Zappa
PSN: DesertPenguin09 plays GT5 w/ DFGT Wheel, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, & BFBC2

User Info: blowseph

blowseph
5 years ago#8
I think it's calculated using these factors, in order of most to least impact on PP rating:
1 - Power
2 - Weight
3 - Downforce
4 - Weight distribution, torque differences, drivetrain layout, etc.
PSN JohnSmallberries (add 4 remote Bspec) - http://www.mygranturismo.net/2193
GT5 minimal buy FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/941103-gran-turismo-5/faqs/61568

User Info: pjnelson

pjnelson
5 years ago#9
I have six Formula GTs, each of a different color. Each of them has 935 horsepower, with the exception of one that has 929, as I recall. All but the silver one have their default tuning setups. However, only three of them have 910 PP. Naturally, the one that's missing a few horses has slightly lower, like maybe 900 PP. My silver one dropped to 904 PP after I adjusted its tuning settings. As an experiment I took another with 935 HP and 910 PP and lowered its brake bias to something like 5/2 and it dropped PP, but when returning it to 5/5 it never regained PP.

So..., I'm a little confused. I see how the one missing 6 HP has slightly less PP, and I can even see lowering the brake settings dropping a little PP, but I don't see how raising brakes back up don't return the lost PP or why one I never touched doesn't have the same 910 PP as other FGTs with identical stats (the mileage differences between them are only slight).
http://internetometer.com/give/13484
http://internetometer.com/image/13484.png

User Info: DeathRiderDoom

DeathRiderDoom
5 years ago#10

Has anyone else noticed this annoying fluctuation on the PP of cars when selecting them for online races?

I have my garage sorted to arrange cars by PP - as this is how i prefer to race online. So, i will see a car relevant to my set limit, say a 633PP Iroc Z Camaro, then i will select that car, go into settings, and see that the diagram shows the PP number as 594. It's super frustrating - as it takes much longer to find a car suitable for a race. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?! This is highly annoying and i hope they patch it.

1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Performance Points

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived