This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Historic Racing Car Cup - Cote d'Azur (B-spec)

#1abcefurPosted 3/5/2011 7:21:05 AM
So... is it even possible for the B-Spec drivers to ever complete this? I had no problem with the track myself, and my driver is using the same vehicle - the Toyota 7. He blew through the first race of this event no problem.

However, with Cote d'Azur... every single time, he smashes into that chicane on the coastal side of the track, completely loses pace, drops to last, and loses the race. It doesn't happen on every lap, but here's 8 laps... out of at least 30 tries, he has done it every time - usually in the first few laps.

Is there any way to get him to not utterly fail at this course? Not even coddling him with the driver orders seems to help.
---
A fantasy writer uses logic the same way a drunk man uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination.
#2CalinatorPosted 3/5/2011 7:48:45 AM
The best I can think of is skipping this race and grinding doing other things until you reach a higher level here. It is doable, I think my driver level was in the late 20's when it was completed. He did hit the Chicane a few times but didn't on the last couple laps and edged out a victory(same car as you). And it's also important to reset the race if the 2J car is near the front of the pack from the start or he'll get too much of a lead but you probably knew that already.
#3HNETNarutoPosted 3/5/2011 8:01:38 AM
I did it with a lvl 15-ish hot Bob with Toyota 7 without no problem. If you're really having trouble. Try it later with a lvl 25+ and Chap 2J '70 if possible.
---
PSN: AlecPyron
#4YeahYeahYouWerePosted 3/5/2011 8:04:38 AM

I wound up doing this with the 20M Jaguar if memory serves (won it in Indy 500, not sure if it was A or B Spec though). My Bob had the same problem as yours. The key is to hit 'pace down' as your Bob is going through the tunnel leading to the chicane. Doesn't seem to plow into it nearly as often then.

And also, make sure the 2J isn't starting ahead of you, or you're pretty much hosed.

#5abcefur(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2011 8:07:59 AM
Well, I came close with this last one. Got to second near the end, with the Jaguar in front. Problem is... even when I would tell him to pace down near the chicane, the Toyota is apparently much faster than the Jaguar. So he would go to the inside... hit the chicane, and screw it all up. Stayed in second, but took the whole lap to catch back up... only to screw up yet again, regardless of what I tried.

Sigh. Why did they have to put so much emphasis on B-spec in GT5?

Well, I guess I'll set him to do an Endurance race while I got out to the store. Maybe that'll toughen him up.
---
A fantasy writer uses logic the same way a drunk man uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination.
#6IvoryKeys88Posted 3/5/2011 8:59:54 AM
This is 3rd topic in 2 weeks about this.... you people have to learn that there's a search bar for topics...

Search and find them. 2 have the same tuning settings that I put in there for the TOyota 7 and it con probably be increased on the camber/toe to get those turns faster but I still won it with that tuning. just find it you lazy lemmings.
---
*THERE IS A TRADE BOARD* // "Music is the best!" - Frank Zappa
PSN: DesertPenguin09 plays GT5 w/ DFGT Wheel, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, & BFBC2
#7percnerd92Posted 3/5/2011 10:09:27 AM

What I did was use the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car which you can get by completing the Indy 500 in A-Spec. You need to be level 28 in A-Spec to unlock. Tune the car with the stage 3 turbo and the rigidity. Have a B-Spec driver at least level 30. It will still be hard with the 2J. But it is possible, you need the right car and you need to have a higher driver level.

#8percnerd92Posted 3/5/2011 10:13:38 AM
percnerd92 posted...

What I did was use the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car which you can get by completing the Indy 500 in A-Spec. You need to be level 28 in A-Spec to unlock. Tune the car with the stage 3 turbo and the rigidity. Have a B-Spec driver at least level 30. It will still be hard with the 2J. But it is possible, you need the right car and you need to have a higher driver level.

I forgot to tell you, also call a smart race. Tell the driver to pace down in those places where the driver spins out, mainly the chicane after the tunnel and the final 2 corners.
#9IvoryKeys88Posted 3/5/2011 10:13:57 AM
just tune whatever car you're using to take turns at higher speeds. high camber and toe angles are what do this. keep the suspension and dampers hard to allow for the least amount of movement in the car. as well as the anti-roll bars. you want to keep that thing planted on the ground to accelerate as fast as possible out of those tight turns
---
*THERE IS A TRADE BOARD* // "Music is the best!" - Frank Zappa
PSN: DesertPenguin09 plays GT5 w/ DFGT Wheel, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, & BFBC2
#10red_raider23Posted 3/5/2011 1:45:06 PM
i had problems with this one also, bob was in toyota 7 just like yours. i had to really babysit him on this course and that chicane really pissed me off too. luckily after about 20 times of 2nd and 3rd he finally jumped into first about 20 sec from finnish and won. i kept having to pace down on certain sections so he wouldnt screw up and pace up on the straights and it also depended on what the other cars were infront of him from the start. the other toyota 7 and the chaparell were the worst if they started infront of my bob.
---
psn = what you see