Starting over....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Starting over....
5 years ago#1
This is extremely frustrating. My hdd took a crap and now all my work form lvl 30 is gone. This is going to be an extremely long 6 months.
Transformation complete... RB 240 is up and running. 1 bar of boost might I add.
PSN ID: reaper7128
5 years ago#2
Hey man I know it sucks (I've lost 2 saves). If you ever need anything to help get you started my PSN is X-MAROON_NITRO-X
I//M Powered
5 years ago#3
You'll be surprised at how fast you're going to catch up. I started over about 2 months ago and I'm pretty much where I was before I lost my save, and I don't play too often.
PSN - Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/Jesuslol.gif
5 years ago#4
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it a lot. Who new that this would happen lol
Transformation complete... RB 240 is up and running. 1 bar of boost might I add.
5 years ago#5
BlackVoodoo1979 posted...
You'll be surprised at how fast you're going to catch up. I started over about 2 months ago and I'm pretty much where I was before I lost my save, and I don't play too often.

Me too, mine was maybe 3 months ago. I don't have every race car that's in the new car dealership that I once did, but I've got both Ferrari F1 cars, all the classic racers except the Jag, the Mazda 787B, and the Ford GT Spec II Test Car. I still want the two Peugeot's and the Audi, even though it's a slightly less fast car.

When I'm not online, I only play seasonals that give over 150,000 and I have the 200% bonus, so eventually I'll get to 20,000,000 and buy some race cars, then do it again. It just adds life to the game. I don't mind playing a little at a time, knowing that my reward will come. I'm in no rush, I love driving all the cars I have already.
Games I Play: GT5, Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City, & others
PSN - DesertPenguin09 (I always use a Logitech DFGT Wheel & I have a headset)
5 years ago#6
Got to 30 in a week, just doing seasonals. No grinding, and at the start I didn't have 200% bonus obviously. However since then my internet went to crap and I've slowed down since just starting to work my way through the actual single player game.
So many answers can be found on google.
PSN: ThereIsNoSanta88
5 years ago#7
With all the patches and seasonals since release, starting over isn't as painful as it was before.
5 years ago#8
Ouch man, I know that feeling all too well.

I had my Xbox 360 data whiped TWICE. The first time my USB drive died on me (which, to be fair, this was my bad because I am usually really good about keeping backups, but I slacked).

The second time my hard drive AND USB data died, which was fine because I had a surprise 3rd backup.......... that was corupted.

The reason I started playing on Playstation 3 was because with Playstation Plus we get a lot of free games and the ability to store our save files on the Playstation 3 servers, that way I will always have a backup.

But now, the Xbox 360 has just started offering cloud service to its subscribers, so I am torn on which console will be my main.

Basically what I am saying is, Playstation Plus is worth it for the save game backups alone.
Currently Playing: SnoCross (UDS, 2000) - Resistance 3 (Insomniac, 2011) - Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 2011) - Darkstalkers (Capcom, 1994)
5 years ago#9
Basically what I am saying is, Playstation Plus is worth it for the save game backups alone.

You can do the same with a $5 flash drive from the dollar store...
PSN - Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/Jesuslol.gif
5 years ago#10
Well the hard drive is corrupted after I started the game with the Aston Martin db9. So hard drive is a must now. So starting over again when I get it fixed so no GT5 for about a month.... Again....
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Starting over....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived