This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can i customize cars in this game?

#1MH_begginerPosted 7/16/2010 5:56:14 AM
topic
#2JinteisamaPosted 7/16/2010 6:47:46 AM
Signs point to yes... but we don't know the extent of the customization yet.
---
Free Lil Boosie
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/750447/boosie-bad-azz-o.gif
#3sofik88Posted 7/16/2010 7:59:47 AM
no, you can only change color of the car.
#4pinkshredderPosted 7/16/2010 2:25:49 PM
I think we'll have to wait and see huh. I really hope they did add SOME type of customization other than the colors. I really liked GT 2 3 and 4 for that reason. It gave the option to take a horrible car and turn it into something beautiful lol. I hope we can do the same in GT5
---
PSN : metalgod88
XBL: metalgod88
#5nexzusPosted 7/16/2010 3:27:03 PM
I was really hoping for the custom liveries like that of that other racing game, but it's looking doubtful.

What's the point of customizing if you can't paint a giant beaver on your hood.

---
PSN: CirculrArgument
Playstation owner since September 9, 1995
#6pinkshredderPosted 7/16/2010 3:30:48 PM
haha i know right. I always wanted a shelby cobra with a big giant macdonalds logo on the hood.... bummer lol jk. Have the forza type customization would be cool. But what would be even cooler is the ability to put neon lights on the car, but... i highly doubt they did that for this game.
---
#7pchankePosted 7/16/2010 4:08:14 PM

pinkshredder posted...
haha i know right. I always wanted a shelby cobra with a big giant macdonalds logo on the hood.... bummer lol jk. Have the forza type customization would be cool. But what would be even cooler is the ability to put neon lights on the car, but... i highly doubt they did that for this game.
---

i was with you till the neon lights comment. i hope they did customization like in gt4, and maybe added some visual customization like forza to at least a small extent. i really didn't like how they did itin prologue with the sliders, it was intensely boring.

#8pjnelsonPosted 7/16/2010 4:16:52 PM

can i customize cars in this game?

I'm really expecting that you will get posts insisting that car customization is a bad thing. People do this because it's something Forza has been offering but that GT hasn't been known for. If GT doesn't do it and the other guys do, it's automatically a bad thing that we shouldn't want. They did the same crap with car damage, actually arguing that it's a bad thing that we shouldn't want.

---
http://internetometer.com/give/13484
http://internetometer.com/image/13484.png
#9pinkshredderPosted 7/16/2010 5:10:20 PM
pchanke, i was kidding about the neon lights lol. But i totally agree with you. What they did in the prologue as far as customization goes was very boring. To me...that's just tweaking adjustments, not actually customizing anything major. I mean, i'm glad we can fine tune the cars, but i love the way they had it set up in gran turismo 4. If it is anything close to that, I'll never stop playing it haha.
---
#10MH_begginer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 6:25:13 PM
so bottom line is we just have to wait till the game comes out