Winning the Historic Racing Cup with little $

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Winning the Historic Racing Cup with little $

User Info: Liquidus4

Liquidus4
6 years ago#1
Well, I should say relatively little money, you'll need ~$150k, but thats much better than the 20 mil racecars your competing agains.

I finally found the solution, like many people on here it is hard to find a car that can compete in this without having boat loads of money. I've finally found the solution, but you may not like it, as it makes use of B-Spec mode.

Winning the Nostalgia Super Car Cup in B-Spec will win you a Shelby Cobra '66. I forget what level you have to be to enter the Nostalgia Cup, but my B-Spec guy is only level 9, and he got to level 9 while completing that cup, so it can't be more than 8.

Tuning the cobra if I remember correctly gets me 731 hp, and a weight of only 916kg. Easily competitive with the race cars. You'll have to spend some time in B-Spec, but I'm level 21 in A-Spec and have won many races and special events, and this is the first car I've gotten that can really compete in this event.

User Info: ilevakam117

ilevakam117
6 years ago#2
Lol I just did this actually
"You think you'll troll and everything will be sugar and rainbows!?" -Tiael

User Info: DixieGunSmoke

DixieGunSmoke
6 years ago#3
I can beat the second race, but not the first.

If the Toyota 7 gets in the lead it roars away and I can't catch up. And of course it always seems to start in 1st place too.

Any tuning tips?

User Info: Tupacrulez

Tupacrulez
6 years ago#4
keep retiring until you get a grid with the toyota in the back half.
the AI doesn't overtake well at that level. you won't need to worry about him for about 3.5 of the 5 laps.
And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ, and seem a saint when most I play the devil.

User Info: corespoon

corespoon
6 years ago#5
sweet. that cup has been a pain in the neck.

User Info: DixieGunSmoke

DixieGunSmoke
6 years ago#6
Just beat the first race.

Restarted until Toyota 7 started in 9th.

Still barely won it, the Toyota 7 was 0.084 behind me, it would won if I did not cut it off.

User Info: BlackDragon

BlackDragon
6 years ago#7
I did it with the Chaparrel 2J Racecar. It can even match the Toyota 7, despite marginally lower speed, due to its SUPERB cornering. Not at ALL what you'd expect from a car that looks like a sloped aluminum box with two wheels.

How did I get it? Birthday Exploit '70. :-p The 2J and Toyota 7 are both from that year, so it usually doesn't take long to get one or the other, and you (or your B-Spec driver) can easily win with either. But yeah, even with the 2J, you do NOT want the Toyota 7 to be at the front of the field. >_<
Life is like a Blue Chest... you never know what you're gonna get.

User Info: Sk0rbut

Sk0rbut
6 years ago#8
Thank you sir! I already got the Cobra from b-spec but never thought of using it for this cup. Stupid me.
God? He's dead. Can't complain. Had his chance and in modern parlance, blew it.

User Info: HenWee

HenWee
6 years ago#9
I upgraded the cobra to max ... but T7 zooms by me every time on lap 4 .... soooo frustrating!!!

User Info: blowseph

blowseph
6 years ago#10
You can also try using the '72 Countach you get as a prize car from the Gallardo only race. I haven't got the credits to upgrade it yet, but it feels like it will do better in that race than the upgraded Cobra does.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Winning the Historic Racing Cup with little $

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived