This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Winning the Historic Racing Cup with little $

#1Liquidus4Posted 11/29/2010 10:16:10 PM
Well, I should say relatively little money, you'll need ~$150k, but thats much better than the 20 mil racecars your competing agains.

I finally found the solution, like many people on here it is hard to find a car that can compete in this without having boat loads of money. I've finally found the solution, but you may not like it, as it makes use of B-Spec mode.

Winning the Nostalgia Super Car Cup in B-Spec will win you a Shelby Cobra '66. I forget what level you have to be to enter the Nostalgia Cup, but my B-Spec guy is only level 9, and he got to level 9 while completing that cup, so it can't be more than 8.

Tuning the cobra if I remember correctly gets me 731 hp, and a weight of only 916kg. Easily competitive with the race cars. You'll have to spend some time in B-Spec, but I'm level 21 in A-Spec and have won many races and special events, and this is the first car I've gotten that can really compete in this event.
#2ilevakam117Posted 11/29/2010 10:27:48 PM
Lol I just did this actually
---
"You think you'll troll and everything will be sugar and rainbows!?" -Tiael
#3DixieGunSmokePosted 11/29/2010 11:14:01 PM
I can beat the second race, but not the first.

If the Toyota 7 gets in the lead it roars away and I can't catch up. And of course it always seems to start in 1st place too.

Any tuning tips?
#4TupacrulezPosted 11/29/2010 11:16:02 PM
keep retiring until you get a grid with the toyota in the back half.
the AI doesn't overtake well at that level. you won't need to worry about him for about 3.5 of the 5 laps.
---
And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ, and seem a saint when most I play the devil.
#5corespoonPosted 11/29/2010 11:19:51 PM
sweet. that cup has been a pain in the neck.
#6DixieGunSmokePosted 11/29/2010 11:53:25 PM
Just beat the first race.

Restarted until Toyota 7 started in 9th.

Still barely won it, the Toyota 7 was 0.084 behind me, it would won if I did not cut it off.
#7BlackDragonPosted 11/30/2010 5:27:38 AM
I did it with the Chaparrel 2J Racecar. It can even match the Toyota 7, despite marginally lower speed, due to its SUPERB cornering. Not at ALL what you'd expect from a car that looks like a sloped aluminum box with two wheels.

How did I get it? Birthday Exploit '70. :-p The 2J and Toyota 7 are both from that year, so it usually doesn't take long to get one or the other, and you (or your B-Spec driver) can easily win with either. But yeah, even with the 2J, you do NOT want the Toyota 7 to be at the front of the field. >_<
---
Life is like a Blue Chest... you never know what you're gonna get.
#8Sk0rbutPosted 11/30/2010 5:32:58 AM
Thank you sir! I already got the Cobra from b-spec but never thought of using it for this cup. Stupid me.

---
God? He's dead. Can't complain. Had his chance and in modern parlance, blew it.
#9HenWeePosted 11/30/2010 4:55:16 PM
I upgraded the cobra to max ... but T7 zooms by me every time on lap 4 .... soooo frustrating!!!
#10blowsephPosted 11/30/2010 6:34:15 PM
You can also try using the '72 Countach you get as a prize car from the Gallardo only race. I haven't got the credits to upgrade it yet, but it feels like it will do better in that race than the upgraded Cobra does.