This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NASCAR: car setup guide

#1n4bcakePosted 12/15/2010 11:09:06 AM
ALL credits for <U>Sirtokealot</U> from <U>gtplanet.net</U>. I just converted miles to km's.

A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease. Don't forget to change your oil

Car: Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA

Race 1
...Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.
================
Front Downforce: 45
Rear Downforce: 45
Front Breaks: 1
Rear Breaks: 0
Front Ride Height: -30
Rear Ride Height: -30
Transmission (Top Speed): 249 MPH = 400 km/h

Race 2
================
Transmission (Top Speed): 219 MPH = 350 km/h

Race 3
...Don't push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.
================
Transmission (Top Speed): 236 MPH = 380 km/h

Race 4
================
Transmission (Top Speed): 224 MPH = 360 km/h

Race 5
================
Front Downforce: 35
Rear Downforce: 55
Front Breaks: 2
Rear Breaks: 2
Front Ride Height: 15
Rear Ride Height: -15
Spring Pressure: 18.5
Transmission (Top Speed): 249 MPH = 400 km/h

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first. All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck
---
PSN: Xargok
Don't complain on my poor English, as long You can understand what i'm tryin' to say. Thank you.
#2ValthognirPosted 12/15/2010 12:12:38 PM
thanks for this...I'm about to do it in A-spec and I'm almost there in B-spec...is there any tangible difference in the cars on the track?
#3MongoSayPosted 12/15/2010 12:26:24 PM
Don't think I trust setups created by someone with a handle of -Sirtokealot-....but go ahead maybe they'll be inspirational.
---
Remember, even the ignorant can make a difference too.
#4n4bcake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 1:00:27 PM
when i posted this guide i was about to start 1st race of nascar tournament... now im done, and i can say it REALLY WORKS! except 3rd race ;/ my driver destroyed tires, nvm! i golden 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th race and won tournament! now im retrying 3rd race and at 8th lap my B-driver is 8+ seconds ahead and tires are still fine!

my car setup is:

Front Downforce: MAX
Rear Downforce: MAX
Front Breaks: 2
Rear Breaks: 2
Front Ride Height: -15
Rear Ride Height: -15
Spring Pressure: 18.5 [BOTH]
Transmission (Top Speed): 370 km/h probably 320-330 km/h should be the best coz my car didn't even reach 320

just use "Increase Pace" and "Overtake" till u take 1st place, then "Increase Pace" from time to time... have fun ;)
---
Don't complain on my poor English, as long You can understand what i'm tryin' to say. Thank you.
#5n4bcake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 1:04:39 PM
by the way, i used 2010 Carl Edwards #99 FUSION Nascar (but as far i know it has no matters which one will YOU use!) and won 3rd race with 9,5 seconds advantage!
---
#6bigstunnerdudePosted 12/15/2010 3:06:17 PM
Setups Suck for Race 2 and Race 4 in A Spec can't slow down for key corners and the car spins too easily as the tyres light up red the whole time.
---
"**** the S Club! **** the S Club!" Chris Jericho of Fozzy STOLE my chant! Rock City Feb 10th 2005
#7SlimduckPosted 12/15/2010 3:16:31 PM
I did this just a couple of days ago (B-spec). In retrospect, I found that you should lower the top speed in race 2 and race 4 quite a bit. 320 in race 2 and 4 should be safe, I think you may go even lower on Laguna Seca. This will grant some much-needed extra acceleration compared to the AI.

As for Tire wear, I found it to be a problem only in race 2. (My driver pitted after 4 laps my first go at the championship) You should be patient, keeping him at about 2/3 pace (65-70%) until about lap 5. Then you should still be in the middle of the pack, and can overtake the AI that have begun to spin out in every tight corner.

GL!
#8n4bcake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 10:45:21 PM
guys its not my guide, except about 3rd race few posts below main ;) but still with this i golded this freakin event! ;) in B-SPEC ofc.
---
#9kebs99siPosted 12/15/2010 11:45:00 PM
WOW. Thanks for this!!! I registered on Gamespot JUST to thank you!! ARGH I HATE THIS CAR. :)
#10n4bcake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2010 12:17:55 AM
I'm not Sirtokealot mate, and its not my guide as well it wasn't from gamespot but gtplanet.net ;) anyway i'm happy that helped you ;)
---