This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NASCAR: car setup guide

#21Modus_OperandiPosted 12/16/2010 6:53:50 PM
Thanks TC for posting this! I completed the NASCAR Championship (A-Spec) 1st place overall but in the last race (Daytona) I finished 12th because I was involved in an overtake accident that spun out my NASCAR. Oh well... I'm going to try it out with B-Spec and re-race Daytona again so I can get 1st place!
---
Modus Operandi,
Chief GameFAQs PlayStation 3 Hardware Message Board Consultant
#22robd42Posted 12/17/2010 10:28:04 PM
n4bcake. These settings worked perfectly for me using the Carl Edwards Ford Fusion. As you warned it got snakey on the 5th race, but I noticed that during the race my car went from 889 hp down to 854. I did an oil change and hung on to pull off a gold redoing that as an individual race. Four wins and a third place got me the gold for the series, and the prize car. I even had the lead on that 5th race for 16 laps and only lost it the last lap. Good show.
#23Final_AuronPosted 12/20/2010 5:14:21 PM
At first I was excited to see a guide for this because I know how much of a hassle the last Nascar race was for me, so I didn't have high hopes for my B-Spec driver in any of these races. First race went great but I noticed top speed was way too high. My driver never went over 335 km/h. So after my fail on the 2nd race (more about that below), I switched to 360km and I could have lowered it to 350km even but that might be taking away any advantage you get from slipstreaming in the beginning of the race

Then the 2nd race came...

Not only was my dumb driver having a hard time to get past the drivers in places 6 and 5, I could only close the gap by pushing him. But whenever I pushed him past the 2/3rd boil point, he would eat away at my tires like crazy. Eventually, I spun out and was left in last place. On top of that, there was a pitstop I couldn't prevent before the last lap. Even though I managed to pass 2 drivers at the very end, my PS3 froze right as I went over the finish line. Maybe it was for the best...

Doing 1st one again, which was great before and even better with 350km as max speed. I'll post any further observations/tips as I get further into this.
---
"In fact, if Red Lottery and Yes We Can were to have sex it would produce the demon offspring known as Farewell Myth." - Sith Jedi
#24Final_AuronPosted 12/20/2010 7:19:45 PM
After all these years, you still can't edit your post on this site?!

Anyway, here's my synopsis of how I experienced this championship and what could be improved upon the TC's settings.

* 1st race - as mentioned above, it worked like a charm.. Lower max speed settings optional but not necessary

* 2nd race - definitely the hardest of the bunch (well, the only one I didn't get gold on my first try). For this one, you need to be patient and endure your driver's stupidity while keeping him calm (between 2/3rd and 3/4th of your bar) until the 5th or 6th lap. This will cause him to burn a lot less tires, making overtaking in laps 6-8 much easier. I had the max speed set at 320km but you could probably lower it another 10-20km. With all this, I still barely came in 1st by 3 seconds...

* 3rd race - Thx, n4bcake for this great setup. I had a 15 second lead with that setting. Probably the 2nd easiest of the championship. Had a decent lead (about 10 seconds) at the very end.

* 4th race - I had some trouble passing the cars in 1st and 2nd position but that's probably my cool driver being a dumbass. Used 300km as max speed setting but never went over 250, so the optimal setting for this track is probably 270 or 280km.

* 5th race - "Increase pace" seemed to work much better for me than the "overtake" command. Second time I pulled away, I hit "maintain pace" (first time I kept spamming "increase pace" at max boiling point but to no avail) and this time my driver kept a 2 second lead, which he didn't give away to the very end.

The 400km max speed is only needed to take full advantage of slip stream but I think I only saw my driver go to 376 once. So it's probably best to lower max speed to 380 or even lower. Once I pulled away I only got to 340 on the long straights, so make of that what you will. I think it might have helped increase the gap even further if I had used it but it doesn't matter now.

---
"In fact, if Red Lottery and Yes We Can were to have sex it would produce the demon offspring known as Farewell Myth." - Sith Jedi
#25ragnorok17Posted 12/20/2010 8:33:04 PM
Great. One that I've been stuck on.
---
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
#26MacAttack2475Posted 12/22/2010 10:15:46 PM
SO far so good. Thanks a bunch for posting this.
#27whoaday703Posted 12/24/2010 7:08:55 PM
im getting owned on the last race for some reason on the straights cars seem much faster than mines
---
YOU WILL JOIN US OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!
#28entlassenPosted 12/24/2010 11:55:22 PM
Are you supposed to buy the "Chassis Reinforcement" upgrade while using these tunes, or does that mess everything up?
#29alaskanpipelinePosted 12/28/2010 6:04:48 PM
What's the optimal speed for the last race? 236 mph was too low.
---
I like my women the way I like my Mac computers. Doesn't play any games. - WrestlingRPGfan
Go Colts! Go Yankees!
#30alaskanpipelinePosted 12/28/2010 6:23:19 PM
Up
---
I like my women the way I like my Mac computers. Doesn't play any games. - WrestlingRPGfan
Go Colts! Go Yankees!