This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seasonal Events - Best Cars

#1MattHPosted 2/24/2012 2:15:35 AM
Just looking for some inspiration for the following seasonal events.

The stars & stripes event

The European Hot hatch event

Also looking to improve my selection of car for the 450pp, 500pp and 650pp races.

At the moment i use

400pp - Opel speedster (can easy win most of time)
500pp - An NSX build i found on internet (with extra downforce this easy wins)
650pp - Lambo nomad diablo.

The one im struggling most with is the lambo, my bob cant win every time. Im assuming the Maclaren F1 LM race and Zonda LM race will be better as these are the ones he struggles to beat but I can't find where to get them.

Any advice much appreciated
---
RSN: Dark Dexter
3045th to 99 Farming 11/03/09
#2nightstalker67Posted 2/24/2012 4:01:12 AM
Chapparal 2J owns 6500p races. Takes the lead b4 the end of 1st lap on the Nurburgring.
---
I don't just smoke my tires, I make them scream for MERCY! NHRA
#3Blitz4532Posted 2/24/2012 4:09:51 AM
The 2J is also very pricey. Some upper end supercars and concepts can do it as well like the McLaren F1 or the VW Nardo.

Do you have the race car DLC? The R35 TC is a perfect fit. Great acceleration with 4WD stability works a treat.
---
I am the Stig
#4DesertPenguin09Posted 2/24/2012 9:46:28 AM
Blitz4532 posted...
The 2J is also very pricey. Some upper end supercars and concepts can do it as well like the McLaren F1 or the VW Nardo.

Do you have the race car DLC? The R35 TC is a perfect fit. Great acceleration with 4WD stability works a treat.

I have taken an alternate route, but it always works. Use a Mazda 787B. Add ballast to 950kg (the same weight as the BMW McLaren), and just lower the power, leaving downforce alone. You end up with more power than the McLaren at the same weight.

I'm sure it will beat the McLaren, but I always reload the race until the hardest opponent is a Ford GT LM Spec II I believe. The white one. My driver can get to 5th place easily in the first 4 minutes, then you need to pace up as there's a gap between the front drivers and he drops pace if there are no cars around. Overtakes the Ford GT towards the end of the first lap and if not, he gets it before reaching the Nordschleife section of the track.
---
PSN: DesertPenguin09 (I use my mic) // BF3: Play the objective!
** I won't add you if you don't have a message in your request and/or you are under 18 **
#5sig1134Posted 2/24/2012 10:06:27 AM
for the euro hot hatch, i used (and thoroughly enjoyed using) the Lotus V8 SE '98 tuned to 470pp...all stock, but with a fully customizable suspension

fun car, and an easy win

for stars and stripes, i was using either the:
Corvette Z06 - almost fully upgraded
Camaro SS '10 - almost fully upgraded

both of the above cars are in at 599pp but will have to have power limited shortly, as the engines aren't fully broken in yet

also, the Saleen S7 (will have to be detuned) and the SVT Cobra R are fun cars for these races, and pretty much guaranteed winners

all cars use sports hard tires, so if you go racing softs, you'll be way ahead of the pack
---
This is my sig. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
\m/ (><) \m/
#6Han_the_DragonPosted 2/24/2012 12:26:53 PM
For me is usually:
400pp - Mitsubishi FTO GP version R (not sure if it's the '97 or '99 year, but they work the same, this car do well even at 450pp), just keep the weight stock, no downforce and increase the hp (transmission and suspension tuned depending on track).

500pp - Lotus Evora, again no downforce, not sure about the weight, transmission and suspension tuned for the track (or pp in case a different number is used).

650pp (road cars) - Ferrari F430 Scuderia, heavy modified... but again no downforce.

650pp (race cars) - Pagani Zonda R (tuned for max downforce, stock weight, limited power, transmission tuned accordingly), McLaren F1 GTR Race Car (same setup as the Zonda R, I only recently got my hands on a McLaren F1 GTR, so I replaced the Zonda R with it, since it's a bit better).
---
My GT4/TT Album: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/Han_the_Dragon/