This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Logitech Sterring Wheel any good?

#1Oksarp14Posted 7/16/2012 9:49:48 PM
Hey guys, just want to know if the G27 Logitech steering wheel is recommended for this game? Does it make driving smoother than a ps3 remote? Can it improve your times in hard special events or license tests? Or is it too sensitive and unrealistic?
Only write if you've used 1 or know for sure that it's a lot better than a ps3 remote.
Thank you
#2CrowKingPosted 7/16/2012 11:10:03 PM
I used controller for a long time but a recently I got a Logitech Driving GT and i will say the game feels entirely different, there is a learning curve to it but im starting to get use to it, does it make the GT5 experience better? yes, do it make you better? it can but it takes a lot of practice
---
Jack Thompson has the intelligence of inspector gadget and the track record of Dr. Claw.
PSN: RapidFire176
#3BloodyBoogerPosted 7/17/2012 12:06:08 AM
a lot more fun, more than anything else. i currently use a g25. previously a dfp, and before that, the old logitech wheel that had blue grips marketed with gt3(?)

your steering, braking, accelerating will definitely improve, with practice of course.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#4Oksarp14(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 12:53:40 AM
Sounds good to me, found a brand new G27 for $253 dollar, I'm in Auatralia btw. I'm guessing I'll also need to buy 1 of those racks that hold the wheel in a good position. I found 1 with a proper racing seat for $360 .. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Seeing that I'll be getting my tax money and all lol.
Appreciate the opinions guys. Definitely will pick 1 up.
#5Iain RockfordPosted 7/17/2012 3:06:33 AM
I use driving force GT its good fun using a wheel in my opinion and useful for the faster cars especially the X1
---
this week my outlook on life is the glass is half empty!!
#6ARC_NoOnePosted 7/17/2012 7:04:26 AM
Whether it will be faster for YOU depends a lot on you.
I know a lot of people who are faster with a DS3, than I am with a wheel.
A couple of them have even bought wheels, and gone back to the DS3 because they couldn't get their times down.

To me, times are less important than enjoyment.
The wheel makes the games more enjoyable, for me.
The Logitech wheels are great, and this game is the best of the best for them, as far as steering wheel implementation goes, on PS3.
---
Skill -- Honor -- Respect
AlienRacingClub.com
#7ZGRMNSPosted 7/17/2012 11:04:16 AM
A seat rig is essential to get the most out of a wheel. The G27 is one solid piece of equipment. I have hundreds of GT5 hours logged on it.
#8SuperemppuPosted 7/17/2012 8:19:51 PM
Me too, it might not make you faster, but it makes the game so much more fun.
---
My GT5 photo album:
http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/emponator/Gran%20Turismo%205/?start=all
#9sinncrossPosted 7/17/2012 11:36:23 PM
Is the G27 the best one to get?
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#10SuperemppuPosted 7/18/2012 6:43:50 AM
short answer: no.

Long answer: DFGT is probably better value for money, I got mine few years ago for 80 new, the G27 is around 250 still and even though the G27 is better than the dfgt in pretty much every way, some might say that it's not 3 times as good.

And the Thrustmaster T500rs is the probably best wheel to get for GT5 and then there's the fanatec products too.

All in all, you still cannot go wrong with G27, i personally own one and love it to death.
---
My GT5 photo album:
http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/emponator/Gran%20Turismo%205/?start=all