No hotseat?

#1SunofVichPosted 6/6/2008 11:18:45 PM

If anyone has played the Civilization games for PC then you may know about the hotseat multiplay. You and a friend or two or three choose a civilization and then take turns controlling it and it was pretty cool.

I recently downloaded the demo of this game and found that there was no option for hotseat not even in the full version, as there wasnt even the option greyed out, I was kinda like WTF? Hotseat multiplay would be perfect on a console.

Anyone else disappointed.

#2Justin MillerPosted 6/7/2008 12:02:10 AM
Not really... after all, all it takes is one person "accidentally" seeing the upcoming attack by his/her opponent and "coincidentally" moving his/her units to the exact perfect place to crush the attack...
---
Pirates, KoL, Dead Rising
These are a few of my favorite things!
#3xxxvvvbbbPosted 6/7/2008 5:36:28 AM

Justin_Miller posted...
Not really... after all, all it takes is one person "accidentally" seeing the upcoming attack by his/her opponent and "coincidentally" moving his/her units to the exact perfect place to crush the attack...

Yep, that was the exact reason Firaxis used in one of the podcasts on the CivRev website for not including it. Why in Civ4 but not CivRev? Can't answer that unfortunately. Would have been a nice feature though.

#4GokujaPosted 6/7/2008 1:25:20 PM

Justin Miller posted...
---
Pirates, KoL, Dead Rising
These are a few of my favorite things!

well whats the difference between this scenario and Civ IV on PC? someone could still "accidentally" do it but hotseat still works. you can work something out so the person/people who are waiting can watch TV or play another game or something, or not look and wait. me and my nephew played hotseat and would be right by each other playing. we teamed up though. and it could work as a team. you and osmeone else against 2 AI.

hotseat should have been included, and its one of the few disappointments i have with the game if its not going to be in it.

#5ningtangPosted 6/7/2008 2:40:35 PM
I think it is more likely that it wasn't worth them putting a feature in that less than 1% of people buying the games will use. I've played Civ and Master of Orion 2 hot seat on the pc "back in the day"... Sounds like a good idea, but you can't get into the flow of the game. It sucked.
---
the sun is hot