How do you win by year 1000 AD?

#1Anusbaby969Posted 8/6/2008 12:38:17 PM
I would consider myself a good player at this game but the acheivment "that we may live in peace" is really hard. this is th only one i have left. if someone can give me some strategy.... it would be great!
#2Karl_H_MarxPosted 8/6/2008 1:53:41 PM
it helps if you do it in a scenario. i did mine in the "Blitzkrieg" scenario (i think, one where you get +1 army movement and 3 starting cities) as the aztecs (no wasted time healing) and i got it by 1600 BC. just make sure to get horseback riding, use horses, and once enemies start getting archer armies (you should work on getting gold and science) you should get mathematics and get a catapult army. don't forget about roads, too!
---
"The Undiscovered Country, From Whose Bourne No Traveler Returns" - Hamlet by Shakespeare
#3progame13Posted 8/6/2008 3:33:10 PM
Another strategy is to use the Zulu on that same scenario. Then your warriors get 3 movement.

Personally, I got mine using the Zulu with Eternal Kombat. Quick powerups plus 2 movement warrior speed is pretty nice.
---
Pokemon Stuff: Name: Curt
FC: 4467 7469 5843
#4sk00pPosted 8/6/2008 4:47:05 PM
I got mine on Deity with no scenario...
moved my settlers before placing my capital and found a Castle Artifact! Very lucky
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
#5Jet2024Posted 8/6/2008 9:42:10 PM
Really skoop? Come on. I actually did it my first time trying the Arabs. The +1 attack to all units is a huge help. So just go to iron works quickly. And build barracks then pump out legions. Also the mideval bonus gets you mathematics and catapults before anyone. Catapult army can beat any archer army. Use gold to build roads to move units faster. Also you need a bit of luck. Hope that all capitals are one island and you dont face the British. Those longbow archers are a beast. Good luck. Hope this helps.
#6BangoSkankPosted 8/7/2008 7:00:15 AM
Just make sure you save often. Luck also plays into a lot, I got super lucky on mine and the other capitals were all within a few squares of mine. If any of them are on an island or anything you're in trouble
---
GT: Savage Opopanax
#7pkharkinPosted 8/7/2008 7:13:37 AM

BangoSkank: Great name, the Dark Tower series is awesome.

Good thread BTW. Lots of good tips for the 2nd hardest achievement in the game.

#8Anusbaby969(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2008 10:03:21 AM

Thanks everyone. i have the acheivment. i used aztec... focused on science, got catapults and knights by 100 bc. then whooped their asses

#9abbazabba255Posted 8/7/2008 11:06:48 AM
Actually, the artifacts are always on their own island, and no one spawns on that island. SO that's a load of crap.
---
Machines aren't capable of evil. Humans make them that way.
Gamertag: Max Vumpler - FFXI Server: - Alexander - Character name: Eljobe - Main job: RDM
#10BurtAndersonPosted 8/7/2008 12:40:08 PM
Actually, the artifacts are always on their own island, and no one spawns on that island. SO that's a load of crap.

Actually, they're only USUALLY on their own island. I've seen them on the main continent, and I've seen two on the same island, and seen them on an island with a civilization.

I've also seen a few games without Atlantis. That ticked me off, I thought that one was always in the game.
---
I weep for the future.