Looking for reliable way to get David/Agamemnon

#1RanilinPosted 5/13/2009 7:40:32 PM
Having only two Leaders in the entire list of Great People is a bit unfair, imo, but I would like to exploit this of course. Creating Elite Armies with 3 different Elite upgrades is sickening. Loyalty, Leadership, and Engineer for defensive armies? Throw in a palace city on a hill with a wall.. maybe a general too?
Hill: 50
General: 50
Palace: 50
Veteran: 50
Loyalty: 50
Leadership: 100
Engineer: 100
Wall: 100
Fortified: 100

That's plus 650% to defensive stat, theoretically, and I would like to test if it actually works. I had David in one game, but didn't think to try this then. I doubt getting the palace on a hill usually not much need for it, and a great general can be hard to come by. Yet I do know having blitz, infiltrate, and medic all worked in the same Elite army, but only one of those actually affects combat statistics. Is there a limit to how many modifiers can be applied, or how much they can modify to?
---
"Honor is integrity with a moral dimension." -Haplo, Death Gate Cycle
"I am a leaf on the wind.. watch how I soa--" (dies)
#2zenandiPosted 5/14/2009 9:10:48 AM
If you want David, start with English and wait for your first great person without researching anything but Bronze (or is it Iron?) Working (for Agamennon). You will have a better chance than most to get a Great Leader.

Don't know about the Math, won't be surprised if they all stacked.
#3Marvel ManPosted 5/14/2009 5:15:22 PM
Game of the week on Deity

The Ai always has Great Leaders (all of them). Every week I make it a point to get spies out to their capitols and steal them before they build their own spy defenses.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."