Special Arts for only one AP in Zero?! O_o'

#1AnoNekoPosted 5/1/2012 6:46:39 PM
Okay, so I was skimming through the downloadable content for "Record of Agarest War Zero" and was slightly disturbed at what pictures I saw in the Gallery on xbox live for the game.

In one of the 10 pictures it shows Galios (over 20,000 HP near the middle of the first generation, mind you) using BOTH the "Grand Buster" AND "Execution" special arts for only one AP a pop!! O_o

WTF?! Is there something I'm missing here? (the attacks could be seen in his list of attacks right under the Double Edge, Sonic Wave and Power Attack skillz, all of which cost their normal ap rate)

In another picture Neil had the Power Burst for 1 ap, Mist Crush for 18, Accel Rave for 10, and Power Crusher for 18 ap.

And in the last utterly disturbing image it shows Seig wih Vorpal Buster, Fanatic Rave, Meltdown AND Holy Mist all for 1 ap cost.... HOOW?!?!?!?

Guess my real question is, HOW in the world did someone get these attacks registered/equiped to characters? How come they don't have to combine other skills in order to create the special arts? Is there something I am missing here?
#2the_blood_wolfPosted 5/1/2012 7:13:13 PM
Two things came right into my mind since you said Xbox and one AP..... Hacks. There's no other way, since they are special arts. I haven't played zero for a while but I didn't know of any glitch that did that so it has to be a hack and since it's on Xbox I would say more than likely it is.
---
PSN: the_blood_wolf feel free to add me.
#3AnoNeko(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 8:42:34 PM
the_blood_wolf posted...
Two things came right into my mind since you said Xbox and one AP..... Hacks. There's no other way, since they are special arts. I haven't played zero for a while but I didn't know of any glitch that did that so it has to be a hack and since it's on Xbox I would say more than likely it is.

Hack? Interesting, though that's what I was thinking in the back of my mind. I sort of dismissed the thought, however, since I thought xbox 360 games could not be hacked. (At least I don't think they can be with an Action Reply).
#4the_blood_wolfPosted 5/2/2012 9:00:38 AM
AnoNeko posted...
the_blood_wolf posted...

Hack? Interesting, though that's what I was thinking in the back of my mind. I sort of dismissed the thought, however, since I thought xbox 360 games could not be hacked. (At least I don't think they can be with an Action Reply).

I don't have an Xbox or anything but from my understanding it's pretty much like a computer uses windows stuff and what not. Now look at PC games, tons of mods for it. Now if a programmer had an Xbox and understand how the system works.... I don't think it would be hard for them to change the coding and what now with the equipment in today's world to allow such hacks.

Since I highly doubt there's a glitch for that. Otherwise it would be widespread doing the most powerful combos with one AP wouldn't be half of the topics like how do you beat XXX and what not but How do you glitch the game instead.
---
PSN: the_blood_wolf feel free to add me.
#5ReiderAsmadiPosted 5/2/2012 7:12:37 PM
The 1 AP combination attacks were likely being used by the developers to test out the skills. They likely just left them there since there wasn't any particular reason to remove them.

You can't get those outside of editing values to add them to the store or something of that nature. The 360 version of this game and Zero happen to have save editors that do this for you however since the game is insanely easy to mod compared to most so people can slap on Axel Raves or Fanatic Raves or what-have-you.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.