Steam version and crashing problem.

#1lordkurayami666Posted 6/23/2009 1:19:55 PM
I just bought the Morrowind/Oblivion GoTY deluxe package through Steam, download and install went fine. Fired up Oblivion and got to the point where I'm about to enter the sewers after getting Barus's key. Every time I try and go down the manhole the game crashes.

I'm running Vista and it's currently downloading Service Pack 2 for Vista. Don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2lordkurayami666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2009 5:18:48 PM
Alright now that I have time here's some more detail as too my problem.

I can play the character creation level fine. I can change my characters appearance, pick my sign, and class, etc. Everything runs beautifully. I get the notice for the horse armor quest, etc. I can activate the manhole that takes you into the sewers, and the loading screen will come up and I can hear sounds like the next area is loading. As soon as the loading bar finishes however, the game crashes.

I found somewhere that this could be a shader issue. So I dropped all my shaders down to basically nothing. Still crashes. Turned off all the DLC and started a new game, still crashes.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz processor
Intel 965 Express Chipset Family video card.
2 Gigs of RAM

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
#3KoReZPosted 6/24/2009 2:54:08 PM
have you tried redownloading the whole game again?

---
Platinum: 1548-1118-3214 name: Odin
Perl: 0688-4895-3698 name: Odin
#4blackspyd3rPosted 7/10/2009 3:39:14 AM
I got the same problem.

It has to do with the City.

Type movetoqt to continue playing.

Anywhere around the city is a death(crash) area, so if you ever need to go back....
Uhm.

Well, you had fun up until then, right?
#5blackspyd3rPosted 7/10/2009 4:00:41 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention

use movetoqt in the console