Texture size??

#1Core89RoyPosted 2/9/2010 11:06:26 PM
so my game crashes every time i try to close it (probably to due with large amount of graphic enhancing mods i have) so it doesn't save any options i change ie: texture size, volume, tree fade ect. ect. So question 1 what texture size is the best small, medium, or large. And question 2 is there something in the ini. file i can change so the game starts on the texture size i want hence why i want to know the best texture

thanks in advance
---
They Say Evil Prevails When Good Men Fail To Act----What They Ought To Say Is EVIL PREVAILS......
#2kikaiserPosted 2/10/2010 12:57:40 AM
I've been wondering that myself for lord knows how long...
---
I put the SS back in Bad A
GT: Grim Gaddy
#3Core89Roy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2010 2:06:06 AM
bump
---
They Say Evil Prevails When Good Men Fail To Act----What They Ought To Say Is EVIL PREVAILS......
#4darkrain108Posted 2/10/2010 12:17:32 PM
Depends on how well your PC handles the game. You can set settings in the oblivion launcher itself, you don't have to use either of the mod managers to launch the game. So set all of your settings in the actual launcher, and when you launch the game they will be applied. If your PC can handle all of the graphical mods you have, go ahead and click either high or ultra in the launcher config (you might still have to change the resolution, even on ultra I had to change it to 1900x1200).
---
QX6600@2.8ghz/4GB Crucial Ballistx PC26400/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/G5 Mouse
#5Core89Roy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2010 1:08:31 PM
Darkrain wen i use my launcher its not like fallout 3 were i can choose low med high its just the resolution options wen i say texture size i mean the option in the actual game
---
#6Dante200XPosted 2/11/2010 3:09:02 PM
Very simple fix for this.
First off: The game crashes for a lot of people when you exit the game. I don't know exactly why, but it never saves your settings because it normally would save right when you exit game.
Secondly: You can MAKE it save them while in-game.

After you've set your graphical detail and such to what you want, you open up the console (~ key) and type saveini
The game may seem to freeze for a few seconds while it saves. That file that you're telling it to save is the thing it loads each time when the game starts and it loads up whatever settings it has in it. Normally it saves your settings and what-not...but again, only if it doesn't crash when you exit.

As for POSSIBLY exiting the game w/o it crashing as well - you can type qqq in the console. It works like maybe 50% of the time for me.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod
#7Core89Roy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2010 2:53:24 AM
wow thank you dante so much i cant describe how much that was bugging me bravo man thank you
---
#8Dante200XPosted 2/12/2010 6:11:24 AM
Yeah, no big deal. Somebody told me that a long time ago for something similar.

BTW, in case you have any other questions: Just letting you know that this board is somewhat dead and the majority of people post on the non-GOTY edition boards.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod