ring of viper eye won't let me equip anymore??

#1IndigoBugPosted 3/19/2008 11:45:02 AM
Hello! i got this item and was able to wear it whenever i want. now for some reason i cannot equip it or sell it or put it in my house. it says i can't remove a quest item. fine. but why can't i equip it anymore?
---
I'm not psycho, i'm just pathologically high spirited!
#2IndigoBug(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2008 8:35:38 AM
bump
---
#3OzeroCaPosted 3/20/2008 11:53:21 AM
you've seemingly accidentally activated the CE glitch. You might find that your 'active effects' under the magic menu, says you already have the viper eye benefits active... so you can still have those effects, but still equip something else. It's actually kinda lucky.

As for not being able to get rid of the ring? Well, that happens to everyone, the ring is buggy. I'm, afraid you have to put up with it in your inventory. Thankfully it has no weight at least.

---
My Sci-fi novels, anime art, posters, flash, and other junk. http://www.ozero.ca Whee!
#4Sax1031Posted 3/21/2008 11:52:37 AM
Mine did the same thing. It is now CE glitched permantly. Not mad about this.
#5confucioussayyoPosted 3/21/2008 8:47:56 PM

If I remember correctly, It is a quest item that can't be dropped even after the quest is over, and you must have been wearing it when you went to jail to get the CE glitch.

I think. I haven't bothered with that thing in awhile and I never bother with CE glitches.

#6IndigoBug(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2008 5:16:35 PM
huh. while annoyed to have encountered a glitch of any kind, i'm glad that its not a neggative one. i actually haven't looked to see if its effects were still there... :)
---
#7ShaftAlmightyPosted 3/25/2008 11:03:57 PM
If you haven't done Sanguine's daedric shrine quest yet, then you can still ditch the Ring of the Vipereye. After completing the quest *SPOILERS*

You are stripped of all your possessions which are placed in a chest next to the shrine. Simply neglect to take the ring. Best part is keeping the stats despite not having the ring.
---
PSN ID: primagen