The Best Possible Character?

#1CrossfadertylerPosted 10/22/2008 11:10:50 AM
I noticed that in Oblivion there are certain skills that you should increase as high as possible as soon as possible (I haven't played in about half a year so sorry if I make mistakes in the wording of this). Skills such as Endurance and something involving Magic I believe? Are important to increase because the sooner you increase them the better your character can possibly be in the end. It know it is a bad thing to level up uncontrollably -- for example, setting skills like Acrobatics and Athletics as your major skills will result in a faster, meaningless level up that will only make your enemies stronger.

So I was thinking about it and wondering what combination of things can you do to make the ultimate character? You need to boost Endurance and Wisdom (is it wisdom?) as soon as possible in order to assure that you can get the character with the highest HP and MP possible. You also don't want to level up too fast.

What would be a good combination of all these elements in order to make the best character possible? Like, how would you go about perfecting the HP and MP stat maxes while maintaining a reasonably low level?

Discuss. :)
---
Playstation 3 - Tyler310
MGO - Leopard (More info in Quote)
#2sharpshoutPosted 10/22/2008 12:25:04 PM

Crossfadertyler | #001
Wisdom (is it wisdom?)

i think you mean willpower or intelligence
---
PSN ID: sharpshot317
#3kevindrosarioPosted 10/22/2008 3:04:54 PM
You need to boost Endurance and Wisdom (is it wisdom?) as soon as possible in order to assure that you can get the character with the highest HP and MP possible.
Actually you would only need to boost endurance ASAP. You could max out intelligence whenever you want and you would still end up with the same mana pool because unlike HP, mana does not increase per level. You just have your base mana, which is calculated by 2*intelligence.

What would be a good combination of all these elements in order to make the best character possible? Like, how would you go about perfecting the HP and MP stat maxes while maintaining a reasonably low level?
Pick endurance as a favored attribute. You could pick the warrior sign in order to get a lower max level (it should lower max level by 4 I think) and get the endurance boost for more HP. Or you could pick mage for the extra mana. Just depends on what you like. Then max out endurance ASAP. After that, max out the rest of your attributes besides personality and luck (since those are pretty much useless). Once you do that, stop leveling and that should probably be the ultimate character.

---
92% of teenagers like waffles more than pancakes. If you're part of the 8% who still like real food then paste this into your sig.
#4Crossfadertyler(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2008 10:01:32 PM
Kevindrosario, good to see you're still here. Damn, you you've been around forever.
They are so lonely now it actually makes me sad.. =[

Do you know a good formula to go by to level up your character to the max HP and magic? Like, since you'll need to add 5 points to Endurance and Willpower each level up, you'll need a plan to go by to achieve that.. Any tips?

---
Playstation 3 - Tyler310
#5kevindrosarioPosted 10/27/2008 5:09:32 AM
Well a good thing to do is set one of each of the attributes governed skills as a major skill. This will help you efficient level. Then just efficient level endurance first and the order in which you do the rest doesn't matter.
---
92% of teenagers like waffles more than pancakes. If you're part of the 8% who still like real food then paste this into your sig.
#6Crossfadertyler(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 6:30:59 PM
Willpower is also important to level first though, isn't it? Doesn't that effect your max magic?
---
Playstation 3 - Tyler310
#7VBAD85Posted 10/27/2008 10:11:00 PM
Willpower only affects the rate in which your magicka regenerates. Every character has the same max magicka except for High Elves and Bretons. A Character's max magicka is twice the maximum intelligence, so intelligence goes to 100 and the maximum magicka a character can have is 200 without modifiers.

Bretons can have 250 and High Elves can have 300 without modifiers. It's also affected by the birthsigns Atronach, Apprentice, and The Mage. A High Elf would have be able to have the maximum magicka at 300 base plus 150 from the Atronach sign equaling 450 without modifiers.
#8VBAD85Posted 10/27/2008 10:14:51 PM
To add to that, I like to get my mages' Intelligence up before Willpower. Regeneration is an equation that basically says the more Magicka you have the faster it will regenerate (at same Willpower). So IMO it's better to have a larger Magicka pool in the beginning than higher Willpower.
#9Crossfadertyler(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2008 10:31:55 AM
Wait, so you are saying that even Regeneration is tied into all of this?
I just want a well-rounded, maxed out character (Imperial though).

So obviously it would be more important to get my Endurance maxed out as SOON as possible, but what about the other skills?

Are you saying there is a certain order or pace that will change my max stats/regeneration speed when all is said and done? Because I don't want to screw that up.
---
Playstation 3 - Tyler310
#10VBAD85Posted 10/30/2008 4:45:38 PM
First let's get terminology down. SKILLS are the major and minor skills that your character has. ATTRIBUTES (ATT for short) are the traits of your character, i.e Strength, Intelligence, Willpower, etc.

Yes, Endurance is important to max soon as you'll get the 10 hitpoints per level when its maxed. The other skills are really dependent on your play style, character type, fighting style.

Strength is important for everyone as it grants you more encumburance and it governs how much damage is done with melee weapons.

Intelligence determines your base magicka. The equation is (Intelligence X 2) so if your intelligence is 50 then your magicka is 100. for mage characters that rely on mostly/all magicka this is important to raise as soon as possible.

Willpower affects your character's magicka regeneration rate. However, regeneration works better with bigger magicka pools becuase of the way its calculated. EX: A Willpower of 50 will raise a magicka pool of 100 slower than it would a magicka pool of 200. In other words if you have 200 magicka your magicka would regenerate faster ( at same willpower) than if you had 100 magicka.

Agility is important for archers becase it determines damage done with bows. It also determines your chance of being knocked back by a melee blow. Which can really screw you up if there are more than one enemy fighting you, especially at higher levels. You can get away with putting this one off for a litte while if you're not an archer type, but if you find yourself getting knocked down a lot, make it a priority to raise it.

Speed is really a preference ATT. Other than making you run faster it doesn't have any real good use. Granted if you a ranged fighter you need to stay away from the enemy, but it's usually easier to make them stay away from you. Plus it's difficult to shoot and move for most people. I don't usually raise this ATT for a while.

Personality IMO is a pretty useless ATT. Once you get the Arcane University or get the hang of the speechcraft mini game, you won't really need personality. There aren't many personality quests in this game. (unlike morrowind) One quest actually requires you to have a low personality.

Luck IMO is another useless ATT. The only thing it really affects are the "Hidden" levels of your skills. At 50 your luck gives you no bonus either way. Over 50 gives a +X to all skills and under gives a -X to all skills. There is no proof that you get better stuff or better potions from luck. To be honest it's not worth wasting a +5 every level to level it. By the time it would be high enough level to really affect your skills they would be at high levels anyway. It you want to boost your luck use potions, magic, enchanments