Mundane Ring and Sorcerer's Ring.

#1android555Posted 1/15/2009 11:58:38 AM
I have a question about them. What the Sorcerer's Ring does is Absorb spell 25% and the Mundanes effect is Reflect Spell 35%, and Resist Magic 50%. I want to know what order do they work? Say a enemy does 100 damage, what will happen? Will I magically not get hurt? Will it absorb 25%, then reflect 35*, and then resist 50% and I get hit for 24 damage? Will one of the effects not work?
---
There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Douglas Adams
#2Tabris05Posted 1/15/2009 2:25:16 PM
Wait.....where did you get the Mundane Ring?
I've been looking for it on my 2nd profile, but can't find it. :/

And the numbers....I think that's the percantage chance of the effect happening.
(reflect spell 35= 35% chance of reflecting the spell.)

You either: absorb, reflect, or take full damage.
---
Efficiut Daemones, ut quae non sunt, sic tamen quasi sint, conspicienda hominibus exhibeant. --Lacantius
#3android555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 3:31:53 PM
I thought it reflected 35% of the damage. thanks, and I don't have it. I was at that place with the blind moth prelate that always has a piece of jewelry for 2+ hours. I gave up. Good luck man
---
There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Douglas Adams
#4Tabris05Posted 1/15/2009 3:51:39 PM
*sigh*
Then my search continues...
---
Efficiut Daemones, ut quae non sunt, sic tamen quasi sint, conspicienda hominibus exhibeant. --Lacantius
#5Yeah_And_So_WotPosted 1/15/2009 3:54:13 PM
the surest way to find a mundane ring is to take it from raven camoran during the main quest - you get two opportunities but you must be level 22 or higher for him to be carrying it...either that or its in random loot, the prelate at the ancestor moth dungeon (who carries a random enchanted item) or from earils mysteries (journeyman mercantile required) - for these options you must be level 20 or above...

here's a pretty good explanation from uesp regarding spell effects vs reflection, absorption and resist magic:

"Reflect Spell and Spell Absorption both have a percent chance of reflect or absorbing enemy spells respectively, while Resist Magic reduces the damage done by Magicka by a certain percentage.

If all two or more effects are active, there can be interesting consequences. Reflect Spell will always be counted above the other two, so those with the Atronach sign will have to be especially cautious using this.

Spell Absorption is counted after Reflect Spell, and if you have less than 100% and it fails, Spell Absorption kicks in. It still trumps Resist Magic, however, so if you have no Resistances or 100% Resistances, it won't matter.

Resist Magic is taken into account lastly of the three, and is the only one not chance based. It will always be taken into account if not superseded by Reflect or Absorb, and can also be reduced by Weakness spells if not at 100%"

that should help =0

---
[] [] G_A_T_M_O_G [] []
"Gameplay is so stupid: r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1. look i killed someone" ~ FlyGangstaGamer lulz
#6Tabris05Posted 1/15/2009 4:07:21 PM
Looks like I need to check Earil's Mysteries.
If not there, than I'll go on mass slaughterfests in the hopes of finding it.
As you may know by now, I'm pretty determined to get it.
---
#7Yeah_And_So_WotPosted 1/15/2009 4:42:07 PM
when you first turn up at earils he'll always have the same stock - buy something (might even be what you want if you're lucky) then exit the store...wait 73-74 hours in game...save before re-entering...now hw will have different stock which will change every time you reload if he hasn't got what you want - simple huh?...the same applies for the prelate at the temple ancestor moth except he only carries one enchanted item whereas earil stocks three so is much faster than the prelate - theres even a chance he'll have three things you want occasionally!...though probably not til you've already got them - that's sods law..
---
[] [] G_A_T_M_O_G [] []
"Gameplay is so stupid: r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1. look i killed someone" ~ FlyGangstaGamer lulz
#8Machines_Of_DogPosted 1/15/2009 4:47:37 PM
*he

dumb interweb =0
---
[] [] G_A_T_M_O_D [] []
"I give Morrowind: Oblivion a 4/10" ~ x17x2xwildx
#9android555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 5:38:53 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I'ma go check out Earil's shop. Also does fortifying my luck to 100 help before I go in?
---
#10android555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 5:45:05 PM
Aww man, Earil is in the GOTY version. Stupid Gamestop workers gave me the wrong disk, I'll get the right disk saturday.
---