Best Restoration Spell?

• Topic Archived
7 years ago#1
At the moment I'm only looking for the best spell in terms of healing yourself. The 8 point standard reheal isn't working that great now that I'm at level 10..

Thanks in advance
"There are none who are as deaf as those who do not want to hear."
-Barry Leventhal
7 years ago#2
Depends on how much Magicka you have. If you have 80+, the Heal Major Wounds spell would be all you need. If not, create your own healing spells at spellmaking altars in the Arcane University.
Everything I drink turns into pee. :/
7 years ago#3
Alchemy is your friend.

Especially if you have low, or limited Magicka.

Caffiene, nicotine and high speed anythings.... staples of life.
7 years ago#4
Once you have access to the Spell-making Altars at the Arcane University you can make fairly efficient Heal Self Xpts for Xseconds spells which are v. useful.

I often use the "AA" prefix trick to keep them high in my spell list and generally hotkeyed too.

Other than that listen to PadreV; Alchemy is a win win. If your Alchemy is low though "Restore Magika" potions tend to be fairly common finds in loot anyway.
~ Warning: May Contain Nuts! ~
7 years ago#5
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:List_of_Spells_by_Effect#Restore_Health

Like the previous poster said, heal over time spells made at the spellmaking altar are more magicka-efficient than the built-in instant spells. If you have access to the spellmaking altar, it would be a better idea to make your own restore health spells.
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
7 years ago#6
I am very high level with VERY high magicka and I use 'heal superior wounds', the second most-powerful / costly one in the game (heal legendary wounds is kind of overkill for a general heal spell) but custom spells are the best way to go for 'odd one out' spells.

For example in terms of restoration I have a 'Phoenix from the Flames' spell which costs a ton of magicka but refills ALL my health in a matter of seconds.
"Error 8002AD23 has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network...again."
8002AD23 - the new Blue Scren of Death. PSN: Mental-Gear
7 years ago#7
You should add a small fire damage on self effect to that spell.
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
7 years ago#8
You, sir, are a genius.

Minimum damage, max radius, for dramatic effect.
"Error 8002AD23 has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network...again."
7 years ago#9
^Is there any reason to do that other than for "visual effect" PapaR?
~ Warning: May Contain Nuts! ~
7 years ago#10
There can't be, it'd be damaging yourself, and only slightly at that.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived