Best Restoration Spell?

#1AEZACPosted 8/27/2009 7:37:24 PM
At the moment I'm only looking for the best spell in terms of healing yourself. The 8 point standard reheal isn't working that great now that I'm at level 10..

Thanks in advance

---
"There are none who are as deaf as those who do not want to hear."
-Barry Leventhal
#2proud_pinoy666Posted 8/27/2009 8:03:18 PM
Depends on how much Magicka you have. If you have 80+, the Heal Major Wounds spell would be all you need. If not, create your own healing spells at spellmaking altars in the Arcane University.
---
Everything I drink turns into pee. :/
#3PadreVPosted 8/27/2009 8:05:02 PM
Alchemy is your friend.

Especially if you have low, or limited Magicka.

---
Caffiene, nicotine and high speed anythings.... staples of life.
#4JoolsyPosted 8/28/2009 2:11:20 AM
Once you have access to the Spell-making Altars at the Arcane University you can make fairly efficient Heal Self Xpts for Xseconds spells which are v. useful.

I often use the "AA" prefix trick to keep them high in my spell list and generally hotkeyed too.

Other than that listen to PadreV; Alchemy is a win win. If your Alchemy is low though "Restore Magika" potions tend to be fairly common finds in loot anyway.
---
~ Warning: May Contain Nuts! ~
#5PapaRosarioPosted 8/28/2009 7:33:20 AM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:List_of_Spells_by_Effect#Restore_Health

Like the previous poster said, heal over time spells made at the spellmaking altar are more magicka-efficient than the built-in instant spells. If you have access to the spellmaking altar, it would be a better idea to make your own restore health spells.

---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#6Mental_GearPosted 8/29/2009 7:59:18 AM
I am very high level with VERY high magicka and I use 'heal superior wounds', the second most-powerful / costly one in the game (heal legendary wounds is kind of overkill for a general heal spell) but custom spells are the best way to go for 'odd one out' spells.

For example in terms of restoration I have a 'Phoenix from the Flames' spell which costs a ton of magicka but refills ALL my health in a matter of seconds.
---
"Error 8002AD23 has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network...again."
8002AD23 - the new Blue Scren of Death. PSN: Mental-Gear
#7PapaRosarioPosted 8/29/2009 8:22:46 AM
You should add a small fire damage on self effect to that spell.
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#8Mental_GearPosted 8/29/2009 8:25:28 AM
You, sir, are a genius.

Minimum damage, max radius, for dramatic effect.
---
"Error 8002AD23 has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network...again."
#9JoolsyPosted 8/29/2009 12:08:37 PM
^Is there any reason to do that other than for "visual effect" PapaR?
---
~ Warning: May Contain Nuts! ~
#10Mental_GearPosted 8/29/2009 12:26:44 PM
There can't be, it'd be damaging yourself, and only slightly at that.
---