The Umbra or the Masque of Clavicus Vile

#1WiiC_KnightPosted 1/19/2010 9:48:26 PM

I have looked it up in many topics on what is better to keep, or, rather put, what would be considered closer to perfection, but none have given me a good idea of what to choose between the two.

I would like to keep the Umbra because it is the better reward out of the two, and I honestly think it looks cool. If I take it, though, I will be missing one of the Daedric artifacts in the end. If I take the Masque of Clavicus Vile, I will be able to obtain all of them and give awayOghma Infinium (After using it, of course), but it's not the greater reward. I don't mind the fact if I piss Clavicus off. Just a game, he'll get over it. What do you think would be the better choice in perfection?

#2IceozoPosted 1/20/2010 12:05:40 AM

You can't give away the Oghma Infinium after you use it because it dissappears. If you have nothing against cheating you can just dupe azuras star and give a copy to Martin. Also you don't need each artifact to get Hermaous Mora's quest I think you just have to complete the quests but the artifacts aren't neccesary.

#3JoolsyPosted 1/20/2010 1:17:16 AM
^Duping Azura's Star (or any quest item) is a drawn-out process IIRC as it requires use of the Skull of Corruption and some trickery to create a carbon copy of the player.

You can complete the Clavicus Vile quest by refusing to give him Umbra (thus taking the advice of his dog) thus enabling Hermaeus Mora's quest as Ice says.

As a completist, I myself wanted to acquire all of the Daedric Artifacts and so even though Umbra does, I think, have the highest base damage of all swords in the game, I gave it to him in exchange for the "Masque" as there are some excellent alternative weapons to be found at later levels such as "Dawn/Duskfang" and the "Crusader's Sword".

---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#4IceozoPosted 1/20/2010 1:34:43 AM

^I duped it with scrolls.

#5DaedulasPosted 1/20/2010 7:49:18 AM
What I did was NOT kill Umbra. I walked away when I spoke to her/she warned me to leave. I returned to Vile and told him I didnt get it/give it to him. Vile's quest completed/ended, I went back to Umbra and killed her. Now my Umbra is zero weight.

If you take Umbra back to Vile and refuse to give it to him, Umbra will now weigh a bunch.
---
|\:_______:| *headbutts*
|_/AEDULAS| Think. Feel. Daedulas.
#6WiiC_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2010 7:51:39 AM

Oh, so you lose it right after? Dang, I guess I'll have to read it before it disappears. And I believe that if something is meant to disappear, then let it go, so I guess I won't clone dupe.

So obtain the other Masque of Clavicus Vile, since it is a Daedric item, and to leave Umbra because I can still find similar but strong alternative weapons? I would like more opinions, please.

#7PapaRosarioPosted 1/20/2010 9:35:13 AM
^Duping Azura's Star (or any quest item) is a drawn-out process IIRC
Azura's Star isn't marked as a quest item so it can be duped the normal way.

And I believe that if something is meant to disappear, then let it go, so I guess I won't clone dupe.
Umbra is not clone dupeable anyway. If you try it, the clone will not be carrying Umbra.

---
"So I Say lol why is prot warrior chasing me? Am I raid boss lol??"
#8WiiC_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2010 5:39:55 PM

Oh, ok then, thanks for the information. Now, what's considered better to get for completion? Sorry to sound pushy, I'm not doing any of the Daedric quests right now, but I will be soon, not that I don't want people to answer.

#9Doortodarkness4Posted 1/21/2010 12:55:12 AM
I would say give Umbra to Claviticus Vile. It is the actual aim of the quest, I would consider not giving it to him simplying ending the Quest not completing it. Also, if you don't give it to him your Artifacts Count in your statistics page will be 14 not 15 once you complete all the Daedric Prince Quests. Also you will be able to start Hermaeus Mora even if you don't give Umbra to Claviticus Vile.
#10JoolsyPosted 1/21/2010 4:53:48 AM

^Duping Azura's Star (or any quest item) is a drawn-out process IIRC
Azura's Star isn't marked as a quest item so it can be duped the normal way.

My mistake. Thanks for the correction Bro.

---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~