Can't load my game

#1Moon_Wolf_IIPosted 2/17/2012 12:05:57 AM
I played once and saved. Now I can't load anything without my PS3 freezing up on me every single time. Iv'e tried about 3 times now, has this happened to any one else?
---
Arachnospores. The fatal spore, with the funny name. - Futurama
#2Anutha OnePosted 2/17/2012 11:30:32 AM
I've never experienced this problem, thankfully.

You have tried saving to more than one save file spot, right? If not, try saving again to a separate save file and try loading the second saved file instead? If you have, are both saves having this same problem?

If so, I would suggest un-installing your game from the PS3 and re-installing it. Even though the game is loading up fine and allowing you to play it, maybe this has something to do with it?

Make sure if you do re-install the game that your game disc is clean and doesn't have any scratches. Maybe during the installation some of the game files are being corrupted even though it is loading the game to your system? I don't know, I'm just grasping for straws here.

Could it be the version (game and/or PS3 system) has been updated since you last saved your game and they are incompatible now? Have you updated both your game version and the PS3 software to the latest versions? I wouldn't think the PS3 version would matter as much as the game version would but who knows?

If that doesn't work, I know there is a way to re-build the PS3 operating system files altogether. I'm not sure off hand how you do this, I'm sure you can Google it, but that may be your best bet if nothing else is working.

It's just weird if this is the only game that you are experiencing this with though.

Hopefully something above works. Good luck.
---
Hey you, yes YOU! If you're not going to answer the posted question, then don't bother to reply!
#3Moon_Wolf_II(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2012 12:21:41 PM
I have skyrim as well. It has given me problems a few times but compared to Morrowind and Oblivion, it's a pretty stable game.

There also have been no updates for it so maybe this is another problem.
---
Arachnospores. The fatal spore, with the funny name. - Futurama
#4WrattsPosted 2/19/2012 12:03:59 AM
I don't quite understand. Does this happen to you with other games as well, or is just Oblivion affected? Is only this one Oblivion save file affected, or all of your save files?