Demoralize Sigil Stone

#1Anutha OnePosted 3/14/2012 12:00:31 AM
Am I missing something here and I am just misunderstanding something but are the Demoralize Sigil Stones pretty much a waste (the Fortify Willpower ability notwithstanding) once they get to Latent level or higher because they won't work on anyone/anything at that point?
---
Hey you, yes YOU! If you're not going to answer the posted question, then don't bother to reply!
#2SonicBoom344Posted 3/14/2012 12:51:26 AM(edited)
Pretty much, I think. It only works on up to level twelves even on the highest strength Sigil Stone. There might be a few NPCs and monsters that aren't leveled to you that much, but it won't be of much use. The only ones I can think of right now that it would work on would be Francois Motierre, Sergius Turrianus, and the Adoring Fan if you are exactly level seventeen. There might be more, but they aren't the best candidates for a demoralize spell anyway.
#3WrattsPosted 3/18/2012 12:25:47 AM
Yeah, you understood it right; Demoralize is one of those enchantments that becomes total garbage at that point. Even Fortify Willpower is debatable, compared to Fortify Magicka.
#4Anutha One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 6:02:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Anutha One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 7:23:23 AM
Don't forget about the Arena Grand Champion, he maxes out at level 10.

What a waste. So much potential too. Maybe the developers thought this was too powerful of an ability after the fact and dumbed it down to being what it is now, basically useless. If that was the case, they should have done something along these lines with Chameleon as well. At least once that ability is maxed to a 100 anyway.
---
Hey you, yes YOU! If you're not going to answer the posted question, then don't bother to reply!
#6Anutha One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 11:18:34 AM(edited)
Okay, so I came across the following page on UESP:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Magical_Effects

The "Magnitude to Level Conversion" paragraph caught my attention because now any of those powers that I thought become, or were useless to begin with, because of their level limitations are now useful again, if this holds true?

So, would this mean that if I have the Staff of Pacification [Command Creature up to level 4 (16 pts) in 15ft for 45sec] and am not wearing any armor, thus I would have 100% spell effectiveness, I should be able to control Daedra that are at a higher level than your character is at?

I thought I tried using that staff on some regular creatures (Spriggan, various Trolls, Will-o-wisp) and it didn't seem to have any effect on them as they just kept on attacking me, even while I was at 100% spell effectiveness. Shouldn't it be though? Currently my character is at level 18 but I didn't think that had any control over whether the staff should be working on any enemies based off of how I am interpreting what the Wiki is stating. I don't know if I am just misunderstanding something here or if the Wiki doesn't hold true for the GOTY edition or what exactly?
---
#7WrattsPosted 4/3/2012 3:03:04 PM
You may have misread it. 100% spell effectiveness only makes these spells work on ANY creature if it actually reads as affecting level 25. If it only affects, say, level 21 and you have 100% SE, then it can only affect level 21 and lower. Affecting level 4 won't cut it in pretty much every case if you're already level 18, because most random enemies will usually be your level, making a level 4 effect pretty much crap.