For all those thinking there's a secret chest in Drowned Pass

#1ValmordianPosted 1/10/2010 9:02:59 PM
It's not a secret chest. While doing my Apocalyptic Mode play-through, I noticed the location of a soul chest on the floor directly under the Anvil in the broken down building. The same exact spot that I remember there being an indicator for a chest during my normal play-through while using the Fury's Embrace attachment to find all my missing collectibles.

Hope this clears up the confusion over the "secret" chest. There's only three hidden chests. The fire hydrant chest in The Crossroads, the tombstone chest The Chocking Grounds, and the torch chest in The Twilight Citadel.
---
...I spit on my life. Death in battle would be better for me than that I, defeated, survive. ~Buddha
#2Mr_FeeshPosted 1/10/2010 9:13:21 PM
So are you saying it's only there in Apocalyptic?
#3GTRagnarokPosted 1/10/2010 9:13:26 PM
That's not a very hard chest to find. I'm sure a lot of us have gotten it already. The chest symbol is still there however.

---
One of the Dedicated 500 - #33, #309
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=570526&topic=47462663
#4Valmordian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2010 9:18:39 PM
@Mr_Feesh
GTRagnarok is right. It's there on normal too, its just a glitched marker on the map when you get Fury's Embrace.
---
...I spit on my life. Death in battle would be better for me than that I, defeated, survive. ~Buddha
#5GTRagnarokPosted 1/10/2010 9:25:10 PM
Are you sure it's right where the chest symbol is? I can't be bothered to check right now, but I remember the symbol was in the space just to the left of the anvil.

---
#6provettPosted 1/10/2010 9:25:31 PM
I don't know if I found it on normal but I have found it on Apocalyptic. I'm getting Fury's Embrace sometimes soon to see if it is that one and the marker is gone or if its still there.
---
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy
#7GTRagnarokPosted 1/10/2010 9:28:11 PM
In the Drowned chest topic I just bumped, someone said it's a chest that you can only get while finding the Shadow Lurkers the first time you're there. Hmm.

---
#8provettPosted 1/10/2010 9:28:56 PM
^Which is the same time I got it. Which is why I'm waiting to get my fury to check.
---
#9Valmordian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2010 9:31:20 PM
@GTRagnarok
Had I been thinking about it, I would have left it there, got Fury's Embrace later on, and came back to see if the marker disappeared after I grabbed it.

If someone's starting a new play-through, be sure to test it. It's a soul chest that's one or two floors down from where the Armageddon Blade Shard is in Drowned Pass.
---
#10provettPosted 1/10/2010 9:33:50 PM
^ I thought about that... but when I saw it there when dealing with the lurker, for some reason it felt new, like I've never seen it. It might actually only be possible to get during the lurkers. I don't think I've seen it there before that.
---