the dark rider achievement is the worst........

#1gbonePosted 1/15/2010 7:41:19 PM
you have to actually run around in circles to get this there is not enough ground covered to get this by accident. does anyone know of a worst achievement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVTa4R5kmUQ

---
Gamertag: G Bone27
#2JayboatPosted 1/15/2010 7:46:42 PM
Killing 150 enemies on Ruin, or killing 150 enemies with environmental objects proves worse for me. For Dark Rider, I just bent a paper clip around the LS and the charge card to run in a circle where Stygian was for two hours while I watched tv.
#3Angel_XBlazePosted 1/15/2010 7:49:39 PM
Both of those achievements ARE horrible..
And I have yet to get them. Hopefully I don't go crazy..>_<
---
PS3 tag: XBlaze23
Xbox live: XBlaze01
#4SkelionPowalskiPosted 1/15/2010 7:52:22 PM
I loved riding around the Shadow of the Colossus area and just look at things, sometimes even just running everywhere on foot, hopefully the scenery and extra stuff is enough to keep me at it without whining so much.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ztgdjo.jpg
#5gbone(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2010 8:02:59 PM
i dont mean difficulty i just ment pointless. I think it's stupid where we have to put a rubber band on our controller and go watch tv to gain a achievement. What do they expect?
---
Gamertag: G Bone27
#6Saxa3000Posted 1/15/2010 8:12:21 PM
Killing 150 enemies on Ruin is easy, the most annoying achievement is Battle Hardened.

I have beaten the game on Apocalyptic and I still have hours of grinding remaining to get my weapons leveled and get the souls to buy all upgrades and powers.

Maybe if more enemies remained, especially bigger bosses and battles I wouldn't care but I'm sick of grinding spiders over and over as every other area only has a few enemies remaining. It's poor planning for sure as it's ruining my second playthough as I'm getting bored.
#7mtradr43Posted 1/15/2010 9:51:41 PM

Saxa3000 posted...
Killing 150 enemies on Ruin is easy, the most annoying achievement is Battle Hardened.

I have beaten the game on Apocalyptic and I still have hours of grinding remaining to get my weapons leveled and get the souls to buy all upgrades and powers.

Maybe if more enemies remained, especially bigger bosses and battles I wouldn't care but I'm sick of grinding spiders over and over as every other area only has a few enemies remaining. It's poor planning for sure as it's ruining my second playthough as I'm getting bored.

what all do you need to buy for battle hardened. ive only got a few more level 3 weapon upgrades left to buy. also, if you are looking for good souls, do the one spider room that has all the spiders in it that respawn a few seconds after you leave. get a couple hundred each time if you use the scythe with the death enhancment on it. id be doing that right now if i still didnt need another (seemingly) million miles on ruin.

#8Saxa3000Posted 1/15/2010 10:03:39 PM
Yeah, i've been doing that but it still takes forever. Also, the Darkrider achievement requires 100 miles on horseback, so you can sort of guess how many miles you've travelled, even though the menu also includes miles on foot.
#9mtradr43Posted 1/15/2010 10:06:34 PM
ive been going to different spots so i can kill stuff while on ruin. less souls that way, but i figure im killing two birds with one stone,lol. i just wonder what idiot decided that 100 miles riding on something you get an hour before the game is finished was a good idea.
#10Saxa3000Posted 1/15/2010 10:11:04 PM
Yeah, if the Dark rider achievement carried over to other playthoughs it would be fine, but I don't think it does, as all others require one playthrough.
More topics from this board...
Upload savesTheMageBlood17/6 10:27AM