am i the only one who was not impressed by darksiders

#1weride2diePosted 10/13/2011 1:31:36 PM
i only completed the first chapter or mission and i thought the graphics were just terrrible and utterly boring. should i play a little more and then voice my opinion but then again i thought gears of war was rather bad too.
---
um guess who's back, back again, ken is back, so tell some men, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back
#2CB872Posted 10/21/2011 11:03:51 AM
I doubt you are the only one, you would assume it would of sold better if it did...eh, I kinda like the style of it, not my favorite game, but I play on occasion.
---
If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the rules are on your side, pound on the rules. If neither are on your side, pound on the table.
#3streetfighter76Posted 10/22/2011 12:48:20 AM
You need to be a Zelda's fan to be able to either love it or... hate it.

I loved it because it felt like a Zelda coming from Hell!!
BUT many Zelda fans felt insulted because they saw it as a cheap knockoff.

The story is very good and it leaves you wanting for more; i'm sure the sequel will be great, with yet another Rider as the protagonist.
I believe many ppl these days are expecting to be amazed by every game they play thus they become too picky to be able to enjoy a game for what is worth.

I always try to play a game without too much expectations for the first hour, THEN i can make a judgment.
#4ShAdOwNiNjA316Posted 10/27/2011 1:14:16 PM
i wasn't too happy in the beginning then i kept playing the game further and the game does get better cause you receive more health and weapons to help you. i'm not impressed with the blocking part i think they should of given War some type of Demonic Shield or something.
#5Rman0099Posted 11/15/2011 8:14:43 AM
I have to say that I was happy in the beginning, but the farther I played the more of a BAD Zelda clone it became and the more monotonous the game became. It seemed like upping the difficulty just made you do a puzzle 3/4/5 times. And at about the time they added the portal gun I just wanted to use it as a coaster. I got 100% but I'll never play it again. Glad I got it for $10.
---
Space for rent........
#6NikoLAJPosted 11/22/2011 1:34:49 PM
I agree with how the graphics seemed really weak at first. Then as you went to different environments, you could see how incredible they can make it. I didn't care for the heavy amount of sewers and destroyed skyscrapers. Overall, it's a great game that constantly changes, mostly for the best after that Griffon fight.
---
#7calrabjohnsPosted 11/23/2011 5:37:44 AM
If Link talked, he'd find it cute that War nips at his proverbial heels. That said, if you look at Darksiders as the hodgepodge of Zelda and God of War it becomes something that's cool in its own right because of the sum of its parts. The second one sounds like it will give the series more of its own identity. I 1k'd it, and might pick up a copy again in the future because (other than the Portal section which I hate) it's fun.
#8t410fourPosted 12/12/2011 9:55:07 PM
darksiders 2 is supposed to be a lot less like zelda and more free roam style i heard theres supposed to be a market where you can buy like armor and other stuff instead of just combos also instead of getting your horse half way thru the game you start with it which was one of the things i hated about the first your one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse the hell is my horse??
---
GT: four410
#9MajinJokerPosted 12/18/2011 4:24:31 PM
Yea this was a game zelda and GOW rip off. But I really enjoyed the game and hope that the 2nd will be better. I am also looking forward to restoring some of humanity back while playing with death.
---
GT--- RyuHayabusa011
#10singhellotakuPosted 1/10/2012 11:53:12 PM
I'm sure I'd enjoy it more if it didn't kill my xbox every time i try to play it.