im 17 and i never played a link to the past

#1BoomerHelllPosted 8/5/2012 9:57:22 AM
or any zelda game for that matter. will i like this game?
#2Idaeus_004Posted 8/5/2012 10:54:30 AM
If you don't know if you like a game that's sort-of similar to Darksiders, I don't think there's any way you can know if you'll like it or not. In my opinion it's a great game, but no way do you have to have played a Zelda game to enjoy it. They share elements, but it's not like you have to know one to enjoy the other ...
#3onoblejPosted 8/5/2012 1:19:05 PM
If you get into the game then you would prob enjoy it more than a person wo played Zelda. It would be more original to you. I say go for it.
#4CoachTravisPosted 8/6/2012 11:03:55 PM
I just got the game yesterday, played for about two hours, and as someone who does not like Zelda, I'd say it really doesn't matter if you've played that or not. In fact, so far it feels much closer to God Of War, but with more room to explore the areas. So I'd say if you've played any GOW game, you can more base your decision around that than on Zelda.
#5onoblejPosted 8/7/2012 5:58:31 AM
Agreed. The "find a weapon each dungeon" and find four parts to gain another life container stuff is like Zelda, but the gameplay is def more GoW. I just said that because most people who seem to have a problem with this game seem to base it on its similarities to Zelda...
#6Just_The_TipPosted 8/8/2012 9:58:02 AM
It's more like God of War
#7onoblejPosted 8/8/2012 12:45:05 PM
The dungeon set-up as far as aquiring a specific weapon to beat the boss of each dungeon is very Zelda.

The combat is GoW.

The setting, voice acting and overall theme of the game remind me of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver... Or at least what LoK:SR should have been.