worth beating this for Darksiders 2 stuff

#1shwankyspoonPosted 8/31/2012 2:12:13 PM
So I'm stuck fighting the Spider boss and I have Darksiders 2 sitting here and I don't want to play it until i beat the first one which i started playing right before I bought the second one.
I heard you get armor or something for beating the first on to start out with in the second one but is it really worth my time
Usually starting equipment only is good for about the first %5 of the game
Any input?
#2rainbowdragon92Posted 8/31/2012 8:47:33 PM
i think its worth it..the scythe u get is pretty good still, and im a few hours into the game...and just the story alone would be worth it to know
#3Oni SeraphPosted 9/1/2012 2:07:05 AM
Just got done 1000/1000. When I First popped in DS2 I went back to see how many achievements I had from 1. When I saw I didn't have any and remembered I only played it at my friends I bought it to beat. To be honest Silitha was is by far one of my most favorite bosses ever. Followed by a few more decent bosses and a somewhat frustrating dungeon, I gotta say it really picked up for me after her. Nearly everything I remembered about DS is from the point you are forward. There is really no reason to top now especially considering this boss is the hardest part (Mainly because between her and the last boss you can uber up so much).

Just stick with it man.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#4dmack316Posted 9/1/2012 5:15:22 PM
You can beat DS1 in a weekend, and that's mastering all 3 weapons and getting all items.
#5onoblejPosted 9/2/2012 12:58:18 PM
Does anything carry over equipment or achievemnent wise from a beaten DS save to DS2? I ask because i beat DS on the 360 and playing DS@ on PS3.

am I missing any bonuses? I would gladly borrow the PS3 DS and do it again if need be.
#6Oni SeraphPosted 9/2/2012 1:07:10 PM
Chaos Fang

The Chaos Fang (a level 1 scythe that boost critical damage) can be unlocked by having beaten the first Darksiders game on the same platform.

Paudron of the Horsemen

If you have played the first Darksiders on the same system you play Darksiders 2 on you can obtain a level 5 armor called the "Paudron of the Horsemen" Seek out Mryia the Shaman(dressed in light blue) on the east side of Tri-Stone talk to her and she will give it to you.

From the DSII cheats section.
---
#7Oni SeraphPosted 9/2/2012 2:53:02 PM
Just started DS2 you get both right after the intro from one of the makers. Scythes are far better than what you start with nearly twice the damage with a 20% crit chance and 200% damage crit. The Pauldron has more than double my combined defense as well as doubling strength and arcane, but its level 5 and cant equip it right away.

Overall I'm impressed the gear is as good as it is but you could probably get by w/o it. Both look pretty neat though.
---
#8Oni SeraphPosted 9/2/2012 5:33:15 PM
As of level 5 and being able to use the Pauldron it only turned out to give 40% defense but is is still a crap ton of it. The Scythes are still the strongest weapons, they hit roughly 4 times as fast as a heavy weapon but when they hit they crit for more damage than a heavy weapon. So they do about equal damage till you crit at which point you do nearly 2xs the dps.

The gear is pretty nuts.
---
#9pennywise666Posted 9/6/2012 11:16:19 AM
The unlocked gear can carry you trough the first 15%/20% of the game easily....
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?
More topics from this board...
Upload savesTheMageBlood17/6 10:27AM