I don't know how to play this game properly apparently

#1Chosen_one_41Posted 4/28/2013 3:14:49 PM
I got through the tutorial level with absolutely no difficulty and then the first part of the first real level just fine. Then I go against some big enemy where if I just stand next to him and mash attack he just hits me back. The only way I've found to avoid his attacks is to hit him once and then dash away but this takes like 30 minutes to take him down and they seem to be a common enemy and not a sub boss so... what am I doing wrong? Am I just supposed to take the hits? Is the block button supposed to work against him? 'Cuz he just smashes through my block.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#2joegt123Posted 5/3/2013 9:25:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Chosen_one_41(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:25:50 PM
Someone responds and then immediately deletes their message... k
---
Rarity is best pony
#4BraveDogBFGPosted 5/9/2013 4:14:00 AM
I think you have to be a little more specific about what you are fighting.

I don't know why you are having trouble, I never had difficulty with anything in this game.
#5Chosen_one_41(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:37:45 PM
I try to be as clear as I can with what little I know. After the apocalypse tutorial level and the first boss the game puts you into a post apocalyptic area. There are some small zombie-ish enemies that you first fight with no difficulty. Then you fight the first real enemy of the game shortly after who is bigger than the zombie-ish enemies. That first "real" enemy kicks my ass if I use what little I learned about fighting from the tutorial. Help?

What the tutorial taught me was "mash left click, enemies get stunned and then shortly die afterwards" but with this guy It's "mash left click, enemy doesn't get stunned. Enemy hits me a few times. After some time and significant damage taken on my part enemy dies". Another strategy I found is "Hit once. Dash away. Repeat for 10 minutes" which takes way too damn long for an action game. Help!
---
Rarity is best pony
#6grimdespairPosted 5/11/2013 6:16:40 PM
I think I know what enemy you're talking about...maybe.
If it's the one I'm thinking it is, try doing an aerial combo on them. Most of the time their attacks will miss as you smash away.
If that doesn't seem to work you could always use your special power. Name eludes me but it's the one where you call up blades from the ground.
---
If i was not so weak, If I was not so cold, If I was not so scared of being broken,growing old. ......I would be frail.
#7GENERALJA0Posted 5/12/2013 1:47:50 PM
Been a while since I played but everything in this game is pretty easy.

U just got to watch his movements, mash your attacks till he looks like he is going to swing or make a move dash away, then rinse and repeat.

Even doing what u have said nothing has enough health to live that long.

And u said left click. Are u playing pc version?
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- DeaDja0 XBL - KiLLER JA0