Information on how to Achieve a Star Rank - Version 1.0

#251thefire33Posted 9/14/2011 12:40:04 PMmessage detail
i think time spent in first is a big part of it, even when i do no critical errors i get 1-2 stars, i noticed i only get 3 stars when im in 1st for most of the race, and dont mess up often.

also i noticed that the COMs use lots of red and blue shells, and stay close behind you so when your hit you fall back pritty far.
---
Mkw fc: 3310-6011-6001
Mkw name: Ricky
#252thefire33Posted 9/16/2011 12:33:31 PMmessage detail
ok so for 50cc you must have to do it extreamly perfect, cuz i did it with no errors, always in first, and finished half a lap ahead of 2nd place almost laping 12th place. and i got 2 stars! this happened 2 different times too. how much more better do i have to do?
---
#253hewfulPosted 9/19/2011 6:17:49 PMmessage detail
thefire33 posted...
ok so for 50cc you must have to do it extreamly perfect, cuz i did it with no errors, always in first, and finished half a lap ahead of 2nd place almost laping 12th place. and i got 2 stars!

lol That happened to me on 50cc too.

I'm trying to get 3 stars in the 150cc Banana Cup. I've done it four times in row, but I can only get 2 stars. Does offroading count against you in the GBA Shy Guy Beach course?
---
MKW FC|1206-0030-7431 (Ingrid B., Shania T., J. Austen, Marilyn M.)
Deuteronomy 6:5~Leviticus 19:18~Favorite Song: Dangerous Prayer by Kathleen Carnali
#254thefire33Posted 9/20/2011 11:42:04 AMmessage detail
hewful posted...
lol That happened to me on 50cc too.

I'm trying to get 3 stars in the 150cc Banana Cup. I've done it four times in row, but I can only get 2 stars. Does offroading count against you in the GBA Shy Guy Beach course?

I was wondering about that too, i think going into the water without a boost counts as off-road. and probabally counts aginst you.
---
#255hewfulPosted 9/20/2011 9:35:21 PMmessage detail
thefire33 posted...
I was wondering about that too, i think going into the water without a boost counts as off-road. and probabally counts aginst you.

If it does count against you, that is ridiculous. I was getting 60 points easily in that cup and obliterating the com characters on that course, but wasn't obtaining 3 stars. Then I stayed on the road more in that course...and of course they give me 3 stars, even though I didn't do as good. lol
---
MKW FC|1206-0030-7431 (Ingrid B., Shania T., J. Austen, Marilyn M.)
Deuteronomy 6:5~Leviticus 19:18~Favorite Song: Dangerous Prayer by Kathleen Carnali
#256jdaster64Posted 10/2/2011 1:16:06 PMmessage detail
I wish Wii's method of determining rank were as cut-and-dry as DS's. The other day I finished a slightly-better-than-average run through the Wii's first three Special Cup courses on 150cc, then on Rainbow Road, hit the left wall on that weird-angled jump and ended up going BACKWARDS, hitting one or two Dash Panels, to boot. Inexplicably, I still got a triple-star ranking.
---
Twilight Trail badge-grinding battles: 765
Badges: Last Stand (not kept), Happy Flower, Charge, Charge P
#257Bijutsu_SenseiPosted 2/19/2012 10:55:14 AMmessage detail
I have three licenses with Triple Stars. In my personal experience, I think it's really just your time. You can finish way ahead of the CPUs but that may not be a great indicator as to your personal time; it may mean the CPUs were just busy messing with each other. Practice the Grand Prix courses in Time Trial mode and it will be easier to get a faster time.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how much time or what time you need to achieve. You should probably still avoid obstacles, falling into pits, off-roading, item hits, and being squished by giant players or traffic, but just because they all seriously eat up your time. The smoothness of a run is not always up to you, simply because sometimes the CPUs focus on you.

Be patient, be a fast racer, run the course smoothly, and always place in first.
#258crazyisgoodPosted 3/1/2012 2:31:54 PMmessage detail
good info here`
---
Save My Female Character Day 63 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/62111591
#259CatacombninjaPosted 4/15/2012 4:49:10 PMmessage detail
Bijutsu_Sensei posted...
I have three licenses with Triple Stars. In my personal experience, I think it's really just your time. You can finish way ahead of the CPUs but that may not be a great indicator as to your personal time; it may mean the CPUs were just busy messing with each other. Practice the Grand Prix courses in Time Trial mode and it will be easier to get a faster time.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how much time or what time you need to achieve. You should probably still avoid obstacles, falling into pits, off-roading, item hits, and being squished by giant players or traffic, but just because they all seriously eat up your time. The smoothness of a run is not always up to you, simply because sometimes the CPUs focus on you.

Be patient, be a fast racer, run the course smoothly, and always place in first.

That comment should just be the short FAQ :D
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 0261-4664-3445
Wii FC: 3537-5565-7140-9362
#260prsflntPosted 4/28/2012 3:56:48 AMmessage detail
I have 1 2 and 3 stars on different cups but mostly 3. Do I have a star in my name because I never see one, so I thought, maybe its just the people who can see it...?
---
BURRO EXPRESS - "When it absolutely doesn't have to be there overnight!"