Information on how to Achieve a Star Rank - Version 1.0

#261FriesWithShakePosted 6/26/2012 5:49:33 PMmessage detail
I'm not a big fan of this star rank system. It relies way too much on perfection, which is hard to do because of constantly getting attacked almost every lap in every race. Some of the tracks can be a pain too, like Wario's Gold Mine and Grumble Volcano. Those are not my best tracks.

I'm sorry, but when getting a star rank requires being almost perfect in the grand prix races, that just takes the fun away. Now this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it, but in my opinion, getting the stars is too hard. I wish Nintendo wasn't so strict with this.
#262Bijutsu_SenseiPosted 6/29/2012 11:00:56 AMmessage detail
Catacombninja posted...
Bijutsu_Sensei posted...
I have three licenses with Triple Stars. In my personal experience, I think it's really just your time. You can finish way ahead of the CPUs but that may not be a great indicator as to your personal time; it may mean the CPUs were just busy messing with each other. Practice the Grand Prix courses in Time Trial mode and it will be easier to get a faster time.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how much time or what time you need to achieve. You should probably still avoid obstacles, falling into pits, off-roading, item hits, and being squished by giant players or traffic, but just because they all seriously eat up your time. The smoothness of a run is not always up to you, simply because sometimes the CPUs focus on you.

Be patient, be a fast racer, run the course smoothly, and always place in first.

That comment should just be the short FAQ :D

Ha, thank you. =D
#263ShadowMario3Posted 6/30/2012 6:45:34 PMmessage detail
FriesWithShake posted...
I'm not a big fan of this star rank system. It relies way too much on perfection, which is hard to do because of constantly getting attacked almost every lap in every race. Some of the tracks can be a pain too, like Wario's Gold Mine and Grumble Volcano. Those are not my best tracks.

I'm sorry, but when getting a star rank requires being almost perfect in the grand prix races, that just takes the fun away. Now this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it, but in my opinion, getting the stars is too hard. I wish Nintendo wasn't so strict with this.

Just be glad that the ranking system in this game isn't like Mario Kart: Super Circuit's. That game definitely was the hardest in terms of getting the Triple Star Ranking (in the Extra Cups at least).
#264prsflntPosted 7/4/2012 12:24:19 PMmessage detail
FriesWithShake posted...

Ok :-(. But I am a pro at the game but I guess i'm not good enough... :/
---
BURRO EXPRESS - "When it absolutely doesn't have to be there overnight!"
#265gamestar3000Posted 10/14/2012 8:20:49 AMmessage detail
prsflnt posted...
I have 1 2 and 3 stars on different cups but mostly 3. Do I have a star in my name because I never see one, so I thought, maybe its just the people who can see it...?

If you have a star in your name, it'll be visible next to your mii name online. I have 3 stars in everything, so there are three stars next to my mii name, and so on depending on how many stars you have.

* (one star) - have at least one star in every GP
** (two stars) - have at least two stars in every GP
*** (three stars) - have 3 stars in every GP
---
http://gamestar300.blogspot.com - My blog: GameStar Central
WIP: Mario and Sonic London FAQ
#266cadcrafterPosted 12/1/2013 5:10:32 AMmessage detail
fishytoothy posted...
I've gotten 10th one a race and still gotten star rating.

Wa, Wa, What?
---
cad
:)
#267cadcrafterPosted 12/1/2013 5:21:48 AMmessage detail
tolomalu43 posted...
how is it that i got 60/60 on the 150cc special cup and i never was in last place, (except the start) yet i only got an A as my ranking.

............This.............just...just no.
---
cad
:)