Advanced Tips and Item Management Guide

#131AKC12Posted 11/2/2011 12:23:56 PMmessage detail
With Mario Kart 7 coming out soon it'll be interesting to see how much of this guide is still relevant in new game. Having the bottom screen telling you what items every player has and knowing if players nearby you are holding an item behind definitely changes item strategy a lot. I'm thinking Mario Kart 7 has much less of a luck factor compared to MK: Wii. I would talk item strategy in the MK7 boards but they're all mostly complaining about characters right now >_>
---
What kind of world to we live in. Where love is divided by hate. Losing control of our feelings. We all must be dreaming this life away in a world so cold.
#132Sparx555Posted 2/27/2012 11:45:43 AMmessage detail
Double You Ohh Double You.

This is amazing. Thank you, AROCK86, you are a truly wonderful person.

Or at least good at Mario Kart.
---
98% of people copy and paste things into their signatures if someone tells them to.
If you're one of the 2% who won't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#133AROCK86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 12:17:49 PMmessage detail
Sparx555 posted...
Double You Ohh Double You.

This is amazing. Thank you, AROCK86, you are a truly wonderful person.

Or at least good at Mario Kart.

Glad I could help. <_<
It's nice to know at least someone still gets some use out of this guide.
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.
#134Sparx555Posted 2/27/2012 12:26:13 PMmessage detail
Actually, I got use of this about 3-4 months ago, but I just got my GameFAQs account recently.

And yes, it is very helpful. I didn't know how to drag before this, and I used my Lightning the minute I got it. Actually, I still do that, unless the leader is coming to a jump soon or everyone is in a cannon.Thankfully, I'm not usually in last.
---
98% of people copy and paste things into their signatures if someone tells them to.
If you're one of the 2% who won't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#135Kirby321Posted 6/29/2012 5:15:36 PMmessage detail
Amazing! I never knew about these kind of techniques for each individual item. The spray-and-pray technique is pretty useful, as well. Sparx got me with it in Bowser Castle 3 <_<
---
Kirby321 is 80% epicsauce, 20% epic failure
Soo... how was your day?
#136soulreaver_zPosted 8/5/2012 10:00:24 PMmessage detail(edited)
I just realized that tapping the item button rapidly when getting a gold shroom is probably a good idea. I've always used it just before my last boost runs out, but spamming it gives you that permanent momentum boost (a blessing for lightweights). I think I got the idea that spamming it is bad from MK64 because there it seemed to slow you down because of the thrust animation it did though that might have just been in my head too.

Great guide though I've known about it for a year. I don't think I would have understood the longevity of the bullet bill if I hadn't ever read this.
---
2236 - 8842 - 8114
#137miniyoshi95Posted 8/19/2012 7:05:22 AMmessage detail(edited)
This guide is great! It's really helped me to predict lightning which REALLY comes in handy in a race!
---
There will be 26 characters in PSASBR. I called it.
MK Wii FC-0044-4800-7637
#138gamestar3000Posted 9/13/2012 2:10:11 PMmessage detail
If somebody hasn't said this about using bob-ombs:

They can be very hard to dodge if you drop them behind in narrow/tight spaces like tunnels and bridges, and sections of GBABC3, because anyone that was trailing you is bound to get hit by the blast radius which can block most of the path if it's placed in the right spot. It's also a pretty good item in team races, because the person with the bomb can block off the path, temporarily shield from any shells/bananas to allow their teammates to get further ahead/catch up (because everyone on your team isn't affected by your team's bob-ombs), unless the people on the other team have power items like bullets/stars/megas.
---
http://gamestar300.blogspot.com - My blog: GameStar Central
WIP: Mario and Sonic London FAQ
#139Mr_BanhammerPosted 11/2/2012 7:29:14 AMmessage detail
AROCK86 posted...
Mr_Banhammer posted...
dratsab posted...
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/299/6/c/dratsab_survives_GameFAQs_by_dratsab.jpg

That, my friend, is quite impressive ;]

You would appreciate that. How many accounts have you had banned by now? <_<

Lost count. 20 something? :D
#140AROCK86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 12:15:03 PMmessage detail
Mr_Banhammer posted...
AROCK86 posted...
Mr_Banhammer posted...
dratsab posted...
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/299/6/c/dratsab_survives_GameFAQs_by_dratsab.jpg

That, my friend, is quite impressive ;]

You would appreciate that. How many accounts have you had banned by now? <_<

Lost count. 20 something? :D

LOL did you seriously just respond to a post that's well over a year old? A bit of a late response wouldn't ya say? <_<
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.