It's sad that this keeps happening...

#1EngineR2Posted 4/30/2012 9:00:40 PM
I'm not even surprised at it anymore. What I mean, is that I race offline, 1 or 2 players, on VS mode, with teams. I complete a perfect set of races(8, 10, 32 races, etc.), meaning that I never lost a single race. A.I. is on hard mode, engine class is 150cc. And here's the problem:

I lose.

Even when I have the fastest racers on my team(I mostly use Mario, or Toad by the way), my team does terribly throughout the competition. Just this past weekend, my team was leading in overall points. All the way to the last two races. Like I said, I won every race. My team, however, failed to win.

Just wanted to vent. Does this happen to anyone else, playing offline? You probably don't even do that, lol.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#2inviso87Posted 4/30/2012 9:41:53 PM
I play offline battle with my friend. My team generally sits there and gets hit while I score all the points. We lose b/c they do nothing. It makes me want to rip their pixelated hair out.
---
Sadie Banner -- http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/inviso87/SadieBanner.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILyzyQUUnL4 -- Watch me own Derolix
#3Bijutsu_SenseiPosted 5/1/2012 11:00:47 AM
150cc Hard mode CPUs aren't as difficult as humans... ever tried to sandbag and mess with the other team? You might have to act for the rest of your team...
#4Falcon_Pawnch75Posted 5/1/2012 12:03:16 PM
I told you bro

I told you dawg

I told you about CPUs
---
This line is dedicated to Hamsammich64. The most--*gets bombed*
[SFT]FP -- The best active racer in SFT, except Libby and NESS.
#5EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 5:33:47 PM
Bijutsu_Sensei posted...
150cc Hard mode CPUs aren't as difficult as humans... ever tried to sandbag and mess with the other team? You might have to act for the rest of your team...

Yeah, the CPs are chumps. No challenge, until they start throwing hordes of blue shells at you, because it's all they have to fall back on.

Sandbagging? I've thought about that. But here's the thing: I race with no items on the courses.

Maybe the only way for me to win...

is to lose by sandbagging.

But will I really feel like I'm a true winner?
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#6Bijutsu_SenseiPosted 5/2/2012 7:35:03 PM
Mm.. I meant sandbag until the end then use the better items to pull ahead? My problem with CPUs is that I'm use to placing traps for players and not computers, so most of mine are wasted or, if I put them in a blind spot, I may even run into them myself...

Dunno what to tell you... sometimes you're only as good as the rest of your team.
#7EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 8:36:43 AM
Bijutsu_Sensei posted...
...I'm use to placing traps for players and not computers, so most of mine are wasted or, if I put them in a blind spot, I may even run into them myself...

That's the same problem that I have. Don't know how the CPs avoid... never mind, most of the time, they go the long way around, instead of the quickest route. People online, however, try to go the best route, and run straight into a trap. My favorite, being the fake item box. I'll give the sandbag thing another try, though.

The thing is, with no items in the races, you can throw all of that strategy out the window. Drafting(I think that's what it's called) behind racers works for both teams, unfortunately, so that's out, too.

Oh well, I've dealt with it before...
---