***One thing you love & hate the most about all the tracks***

#1Foolish_Banana2Posted 8/30/2012 12:51:13 PM
*** indicates this being the official topic.

This is something I thought would be interesting to do. In this topic, I will ask you to give one thing that you both love AND hate the most about a certain track. I'll be doing this with every track in order. All Wii tracks will be done first, then the retro tracks. After about four days, we'll move onto the next track. However, if you forgot to give your love and hate for a previous track, then that's okay. You can still give your say for a previous track.

Luigi Circuit and Moo Moo Meadows have already been done. Here are their respective topics:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942008-mario-kart-wii/63791316
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942008-mario-kart-wii/63823470

Today, we're moving onto Mushroom Gorge! So what do you love and hate the most about MG? I'll start.

Love: the music. A personal favorite of mine.

Hate: the red mushrooms, especially in the cave. One blue shell or lightning on these can ruin your race like it has for me many times.
#2RAPdawg531Posted 8/30/2012 12:55:27 PM
Love: The fact that there is so many shortcuts.

Hate: Racing on the track: It isnt that great to race competitively, as luck is needed on this course. For troll cups/fun rooms, it is a great track though.
---
MKW-4469-6756-8317 SSBB-3911-0563-3897
The new-and-improved version of RAPdawg530 who beat Ash-Raichu in a Rap Battle and hates One Piece for letting Ace die.
#3miniyoshi95Posted 8/30/2012 1:36:35 PM
Love: The shortcuts and the music! They're great and it's one of the reasons i love playing this track

Hate: The glitch, mostly because i can't do it aha, but i think it ruins a good track that i would be able to get a really good time on otherwise. Also, how easy it is to target shock someone in the cave.
---
There will be 26 characters in PSASBR. I called it.
MK Wii FC-0044-4800-7637
#4aerosmith5Posted 8/30/2012 1:41:39 PM
Mushroom Gorge:

Love: Offroad shortcut for my Dolphin.

Hate: Respawn points.

Plus, if I wanted to trip off some stupid mushrooms I would . . . . er not be playing Mario Kart.
---
^^(A)^^
#5txrdriftkingPosted 8/30/2012 2:06:10 PM
Love: The fact that it isn't picked that much (at least in my experience.)

Hate: Just about everything. I'll list the big ones first;

~Physics. Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy - Yeah, you're screwed over if you hit the mushrooms wrong, especially in a lightweight vehicle.
~The gaps for targetshocking. Too many clanwars have led me to hate this track - there are just too many gaps to get hit into.
~The glitch. I can do it with reasonable accuracy, and not as many people can do this one compared to the Grumble shortcut. Still a POS though, anyone who does this in WW's deserves to get DDoS'ed.
---
The Official RouterDuty is here!
PSN: GTP_Ir0ha_D95/Gen1usRo0k1e
#6SiriusIcePosted 8/30/2012 2:53:02 PM
Love - bouncing through the cave on the mushrooms.

Hate - the final turn before the start/finish line.
---
''I'll have you know that I much prefer HONEY to VINEGAR, and I prefer witty repartee to ANY condiment!'' -Thanatos
#7PurpleParrot91Posted 8/30/2012 5:35:07 PM
Hey Banana, I have a recommendation. How about you use a random generator site when it comes to what track comes next? Doing this in order seems lame. I'm not trying to be offensive, just some constructive criticism because this is a good topic.

For Mushroom Gorge:

Love - The atmosphere. What I mean is how the clouds appear on the screen from time to time. I thought that was a cool feature.

Hate - The reset points if you fall off course. This is THE WORST TRACK when it comes to reset points, making this one of my least favorite tracks in the game. How did Nintendo mess this up so badly?
#8Foolish_Banana2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 6:49:04 PM
PurpleParrot91 posted...
Hey Banana, I have a recommendation. How about you use a random generator site when it comes to what track comes next? Doing this in order seems lame. I'm not trying to be offensive, just some constructive criticism because this is a good topic.

I like this idea. Since we're almost done with all the Mushroom Cup tracks, I'll use the Random site to select tracks for this topic after Toad's Factory. Does this sound good to everyone?
#9RAPdawg531Posted 8/30/2012 6:57:55 PM
PurpleParrot91 posted...
For Mushroom Gorge:

Love - The atmosphere. What I mean is how the clouds appear on the screen from time to time. I thought that was a cool feature.

Hate - The reset points if you fall off course. This is THE WORST TRACK when it comes to reset points, making this one of my least favorite tracks in the game. How did Nintendo mess this up so badly?

i find GV and WGM and RR to have worse respawn than this.
---
MKW-4469-6756-8317 SSBB-3911-0563-3897
The new-and-improved version of RAPdawg530 who beat Ash-Raichu in a Rap Battle and hates One Piece for letting Ace die.
#10Foolish_Banana2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 7:05:09 PM
RAPdawg531 posted...
PurpleParrot91 posted...
For Mushroom Gorge:

i find GV and WGM and RR to have worse respawn than this.

Add MT to that list as well. Knowing me, I sometimes experience bad re-spawns there. :(