Will Funky Flame Runner users be in trouble in Mario Kart Wii U?

#1AROCK86Posted 9/21/2012 9:07:18 PM
Let's face it, Funky Flame Runner is the best combo in the game, and there are a lot of people who use that combo and ONLY that combo. I just wonder what will happen in the next Mario Kart if there are no bikes. These players are so used to inward drift that half of them probably don't even know how to use karts, and would have to completely relearn everything.

Do you think kart users in Mario Kart Wii could possibly have a head start? If they completely re-work the drifting system, then everyone will probably have to start from scratch. But I have a feeling they will keep the current drift system, or something very similar. However, I am not so sure they will include bikes in the next game although there might be some other kind of vehicle or gimmick that once again makes karts obsolete.

Only time will tell I guess, but since I am pretty good both with karts and bikes, personally I would not be disappointed at all if bikes were removed from the next game. It would only make things even easier for me. Maybe you Funky Flamers should start practicing a different combo. <_<
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.
#2super_luigi16Posted 9/21/2012 9:16:55 PM
Meh, I migrated from MKW to MK7 pretty well, and I predominantly use bikes in this game. I don't see a problem since everyone will be apart of the learning curve even if they do maintain the drift system which I find doubtful.
---
Luigi > Mario
Suggestion --- Images for Reviews --- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/63739885
#3TysonBanePosted 9/21/2012 9:35:54 PM
Shouldn't really matter. If everyone has the same tools they'll learn how to use them eventually.
---
Tyson / Tysno (PSN: TysonBane)
The less you know about an issue, the more you should share your opinions on it.
#4Hejsa2Posted 9/22/2012 1:02:32 AM
I learned how to use karts in mariokart after a month. That wasnt hard :P
And I did it after more than a year of playing with Mach Bike x)

But that its a different console does a lot. I dont know how to use karts in mk7 correctly. That's just too hard for me :P (probably because I only play the game rarely and I get headache of playing it xP )
#5Whiteout_2Posted 9/22/2012 2:47:41 AM
There really is no "best" combo in Mario Kart 7 but even though it's extremely debatable, there's one combo that a ton of the tryhards used, it's very similar to Funky/Flame Runner. It doesn't matter, it'll happen with any game like this one, the competitive people will find a "best" combo or character they can use to gain the biggest possible advantage over other players. It's just the way it is. But bikes or not, the mechanics in the next Mario Kart will likely be very different and something you won't be able to instantly master from having played MKW and/or MK7, so I don't think kart or bike users will be at any sort of advantage, everyone will have to learn.
---
Fight the powah.
#6aerosmith5Posted 9/22/2012 8:08:47 AM
I agree. My mastery of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 did not help me much in the other games. The mechanics are different in every game. I wonder more about the Automatic users if that is not an option in the next game.
---
^^(A)^^
#7AgostaNeverDiesPosted 9/22/2012 10:40:39 AM
Will the best players using one of the two best combos be in trouble using the best combo in the next installment.

GEE I DON'T KNOW.
#8Skatz95Posted 9/22/2012 10:56:16 AM
Nintendo better bring back automatic drift
---
FC:2322-9436-8488
Main: Ansem SoD/ Alt: ROXAS
#9AROCK86(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 9:34:46 PM
Well I think my experience in previous games did help me use karts in MKW quite a bit.

There's a lot of people that can own me using a bike. But I don't think those same players would ever be able to beat me if they were forced to use a kart, no matter how much practice they get. That's all I'm trying to say.

Yes, in the next game everybody is gonna have to get used to the new mechanics and such, but if you throw somebody in there who only learned bikes and now they have to use a kart, it's gonna take them a lot longer to learn the ropes imo. I guess I'm' just crazy.
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.
#10Jeth86Posted 9/22/2012 11:34:50 PM
If everyone is forced to use karts in MKWii U, then the likes of JonasN will pretty much dominate races.