Question about gamefly?

#1KGB_USSRPosted 7/1/2009 1:12:38 AM
I wanted to get this game but I'm low on cash, so I saw an ad while browsing gamefaqs that was about Gamefly.

It said I could get a 15 day trial and then have to pay $22 a month to rent unlimited games for months. I thought that was a good way to get games. I just signed up for it and gave them my credit card info and etc however it said "the billing address on your account does not match with the one given" or something. I'm not sure what that was about. Right before I clicked "ok" it said "processing" and there was a message on the bottom screen that 20 bucks would be "held" from my account and that "this is not a charge, most banks release them within 3-5 business days".

I did not think that would happen since I didn't sign up successfully. 20 Bucks are out of my bank account...anyone have any idea what that's about?
#2PS2MarinerfanPosted 7/1/2009 1:29:17 AM
Presumably a fee to make sure you're serious about using the service, and to determine if your credit/debit card is legit. You should get it back. If not, you'll need to contact gamefly's customer service.
---
Not changing this sig until Seattle wins the World Series. Started 2/1/2008
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PS2Marinerfan/RC%20Stuff/mercedesgt2.jpg
#3KGB_USSR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2009 1:31:44 AM
Thanks. However I was not even able to create a service, they said my billing address was not the same as the one I provided. I provided my house address and thought that would be my "billing address". Not sure man I just got my debit card.

It says this btw

"You may see a temporary "authorization hold" of $20.00 on your debit/credit card statement. Rest assured - this is NOT a charge. Most banks will release this temporary hold within 3-5 business days"
#4PS2MarinerfanPosted 7/1/2009 1:37:43 AM

"You may see a temporary "authorization hold" of $20.00 on your debit/credit card statement. Rest assured - this is NOT a charge. Most banks will release this temporary hold within 3-5 business days"

That pretty much confirms my suspicions that Gamefly is determining whether or not your card is legit or not. If it is, (which I'm sure it is), you'll get your money back. If not; they'll probably report you to the police.
---
Not changing this sig until Seattle wins the World Series. Started 2/1/2008
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PS2Marinerfan/RC%20Stuff/mercedesgt2.jpg
#5KGB_USSR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2009 1:45:41 AM
So, whether or not I started a service with Gamefly, since I put in my debit card number and clicked "submit" or whatever it was, all they are doing is seeing if it is legit or not?