Question of updates and aparent Spec 3 disc...

#1TheLonelyWeaverPosted 6/29/2010 2:26:05 AM
I just bought this game and im having trouble with the update. I heard people recommend some new disc regardless. I haven't seen a different cover to this game. I live in US btw. I was just curious...

1. If I find this new disc do i even have to update at all?
2. Does it have all the same stuff as the fully updated version?
3. Lastly if I had this new disc would it take any less space on my Hard drive than downloading the update for the disc I have now...?

Sorry for all the questions but this is new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
---
"Your opinion is wrong and stupid." - EmCeePeePants,
"There's a thin line between passion and gas" - Jeff Goldbloom
#2GG_ORDANPosted 6/29/2010 11:14:35 AM
1. If I find this new disc do i even have to update at all?
If you bought a Spec III disc, you would not have to update to Spec III, kinda obvious eh? The cover for Spec III has the GT by Citroen on the cover, however I just found out it was only released in Japan.

2. Does it have all the same stuff as the fully updated version?
See answer 1

3. Lastly if I had this new disc would it take any less space on my Hard drive than downloading the update for the disc I have now...?

Don't know, probably not. If you're having problems getting the update, you can just keep trying like I did which took probably 15 attempts over a 2 week period. It would be ok for an hour or so before failing and I could only deal with so much frustration per day. I got this answer from another topic posted a couple weeks ago.

koza
Posted 6/14/2010 3:41:49 AM

Additionally - after you start the game, and the Spec III update fails go to the "news" section in-game, and the update should start up. If for some reason it stops, then - still in-game - you can restart the process from the point it stops.
This is the only way to resume failed update. If you quit the game and try to update it again after restart - the process will always begins from 0%.

---
Jalopnik coverage of me and my brothers race truck
http://jalopnik.com /5510272/what-do-you-do-with-a-free-unregisterable-v8+swapped-chevy-s10
#3TheLonelyWeaver(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2010 7:06:05 AM
Alright cool. Thanks a lot for clearing that up! I finally got it after around 10 attempts or so. Heh, same deal it'd take forever, almost done, then BAM error. Anyways thanks again and good luck to anyone else having that problem.
---
"Your opinion is wrong and stupid." - EmCeePeePants,
"There's a thin line between passion and gas" - Jeff Goldbloom